• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:33 AM

dharma

Regarding bonds, this am from zero hedge: Gold For Bonds in Japan as Bond Buyers Get Gold Coins
Peace
johngeorge

#12 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Thanks tria, also, is someone familiar with Harry Dent's work? From what I understand, his approach is more population related and he sees gold, together with stocks to enter something like the Kontradieff winter. So wondering a lot and still not convinced we enter a phase of (high) inflation, maybe, like Harry Dent is saying, it's gonna be deflation? ... and wondering even more, gis aka the clueless one
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#13 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:33 AM

oh shoot, you would throw that complex wave count in there, just as I was beginning to think that this was as good of an entry as one could get...

stubaby:
Any "lock in" formation as of today?

in good up-move by early/mid Jan, at the latest.

tria

tria:

Nothing yet - key levels now are:
upside 1,767 1,805 1,830
downside 1,667 1,604 1,535

Primary Count
http://stockcharts.c...46063&r=661.png

Alternative Count
http://stockcharts.c...34162&r=114.png

Complex Corrective
http://stockcharts.c...23536&r=591.png

stubaby

#14 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

i have repeatedly stated that we are in a big deflation. hyperinflation, in the end the money is worthless, so it buys nothing. which is another expression of the same thing. ie . in deflation no one has $$$ in hyperinflation folks have $$$ , but it buys nothing. on these 2 pages my point of writing is apparent. point of recognition coming up soon. sticking w/the 8th, although the 9th is the other possibility. sniffing around dharma

#15 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

i have repeatedly stated that we are in a big deflation. hyperinflation, in the end the money is worthless, so it buys nothing. which is another expression of the same thing. ie . in deflation no one has $$$ in hyperinflation folks have $$$ , but it buys nothing.
on these 2 pages my point of writing is apparent.
point of recognition coming up soon. sticking w/the 8th, although the 9th is the other possibility. sniffing around
dharma

dharma,

the end result might be the same, the way how you prepare for it, might not however.

gis

#16 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

i have repeatedly stated that we are in a big deflation. hyperinflation, in the end the money is worthless, so it buys nothing. which is another expression of the same thing. ie . in deflation no one has $$$ in hyperinflation folks have $$$ , but it buys nothing.
on these 2 pages my point of writing is apparent.
point of recognition coming up soon. sticking w/the 8th, although the 9th is the other possibility. sniffing around
dharma

dharma,

the end result might be the same, the way how you prepare for it, might not however.

gis

in a nutshell, simplifying
deflation-banks would go under. gold would maintain its pp or go up in pp
inflation- gold would appreciate
the western world has the presses on , the question to my mind is , will it be enough? no doubt they are debasing
dharma

#17 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:12 PM

dharma, thanks for replying! Are you sure that in a deflationary period, Gold prices go up? I never checked by looking at charts, but from what I read and understood, gold would go down together with stocks in a deflation. Ponder, ponder, ... gis

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

dharma,

thanks for replying!

Are you sure that in a deflationary period, Gold prices go up?
I never checked by looking at charts, but from what I read and
understood, gold would go down together with stocks in a deflation.

Ponder, ponder, ... gis

not going to keep responding
look @history not heresay!
gold was regulated in the depression, miners were not and they went through the roof
check out hm
dharma

#19 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

Marshall Auerback:

We had a very significant run up in the gold price, so some correction is understandable. But the conditions that created the run-up to $1,900/oz. have not dissipated. If anything, they’ve become more pronounced, notably in the Eurozone, where investors must begin to seriously consider the possibility of a break-up of the European monetary union and the implications that has for gold.

And if you look at the monetary overhangs in places like China and Japan, it’s hard to find stores of value there either. So we have had some significant spec liquidation, some central bank sales—a plus, as central bankers are usually a great contrary indicator—and yet the price appears to have stabilized around $1,600/oz.

Gold stocks, in contrast, still reflect valuations that are substantially lower than the current gold price. It is also important to note that the capital markets, in contrast to late 2008, have not shut down. Good quality mining projects can still obtain funding, especially for projects with robust economics, which a number of our holdings possess.

Gold Canyon Resources Inc. (GCU:TSX.V) is one. We are big believers in this deposit. The initial resource should be out by the end of this year and is promising to be several million ounces with grades exceeding most other bulk tonnage deposits in Canada. Looking at the dimensions of the deposit, specifically the new extension to the southeast, the potential here continues to grow far beyond what the company’s initial resource will give it credit for.

Queenston Mining Inc. (QMI:TSX) is the consolidation of key past producing mines in the prolific Kirkland Lake mining camp. There is an Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd. (AEM:TSX; AEM:NYSE) take-out potential. Extensive drilling on the Upper Beaver and the South Mine complex joint venture with Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. (KGI:TSX) continues to add ounces.

RoxGold Inc. (ROG: TSX.V) is operating in Burkina Faso and has just raised the money needed to acquire 100% of its flagship asset. High-grade deposits are very hard to come by and the results it has consistently seen show potential for just that. With mid-major companies operating in the region, as RoxGold continues to add size, it becomes more and more likely to be an attractive candidate for a take-out.

Continental Gold Ltd. (CNL:TSX) recently reported a very large high-grade resource on its Buritica gold/silver/base metals deposit in Colombia. If you look around right now there aren’t too many deposits that hold size and grade like this one and, with 250 kilometers of assays to come since the resource was calculated, there is still a lot of upside from here.

Mawson Resources Ltd. (MAW:TSX; MWSNF:OTCPK; MRY:Fkft) is exploring at Rompas in Finland, a new discovery with bonanza gold where samples up to 22,723 grams per ton (g/t) gold and 43.6% uranium have been identified. The weighted average of all channel samples from the 2010 program is 0.59m at 203.66 g/t of gold and 0.73% uranium within a sampling footprint of 6.0 km. strike and 200–250m width. More than 300 discovery sites have now been identified within the mineralized footprint. At this very early stage of exploration, Rompas has to be considered as one of the most exciting global gold discoveries (with a uranium credit) to emerge into the marketplace, in terms of its high grades and hundreds of surface showing over a large area.

TGR: What are three gold plays Pinetree has positions in that few have ever heard of?

MA: Redstar Gold Corp. (RGC:TSX.V) is exploring in Alaska where properties have limited historical drilling. However, the company has seen very high grades. Currently, it is drilling up there and with the recent addition of the International Tower Hill Mines Ltd. CEO to their board, there is reason for interest. The company also has a joint venture with Confederation Minerals Ltd. (CFM:TSX.V) up in Red Lake. Thus far, Redstar has seen very high grades over 200 g/t over narrow widths stretching over a potentially several kilometer-long strike length. This kind of project requires lots of drilling; however, thus far, there has been some good continuity of success and with any sort of thicker intervals, this would be a project well worth the interest.

Prosperity Goldfields Corp.’s (PPG:TSX.V) exploration is headed up by Quinton Hennigh, who is also on the board of Gold Canyon and is heading up its exploration program. Stock had a large run-up prior to results, which the market clearly saw as disappointing. Despite this, we think these results show great promise given that Prosperity was the first in the area and the potential size of this deposit is very large. This project is in Nunavut; however, a winter camp has been set up and, relative to the region, the infrastructure is better than most.

Terreno Resources Corp. (TNO:TSX.V) is focused on a few different resources in South America. The company just raised $2.8 million and so it is cashed up to move forward on the initial exploration of both precious/base metal projects in Argentina as well as their phosphate/potash exploration in Brazil. It has had some solid trench results thus far down in Argentina, which is promising. The phosphate/potash market seems to be one of the few places where most analysts agree there will be a lift in pricing in the future so we are excited to see the exploration results.

gold
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

interesting i spend much of my day reading, investigating miners, and research and of the 6 mentioned in this piece, i have heard of 2. what i am saying is there are alot of miners. tough to separate the wheat from the chaff dharma