• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

if you have any current or future names of a spokesperson that a family foundation will appreciate having in their employ to promote education and awareness of this
personal mission I have, please let me know in the future ... Credentials: an MD or similar credential is desired, and honesty and transparency is required

thank you.... in addition, please let me know if you see a foundation like that operated by the Bill and Melinda Gates family take on awareness of this health topic

Simple Steps for Keeping Your Eyes Safe

Always wear your sunglasses when you’re outside. This is particularly important during peak sunlight hours, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when rays are the strongest. Also, be sure to wear your sunglasses when you’re at higher altitudes, where UV light can be especially intense.

Wear sunglasses even when it’s cloudy. Just as doctors recommend sunscreen on cloudy days, eye care professionals recommend people wear sunglasses even when it isn’t sunny out. That’s because UV rays can penetrate through thin clouds and haze.

A wide-brimmed hat can also help block some UV rays from getting into your eyes.

Wear sunglasses year-round. Your eyesight can be affected by sunlight in any season, not just summer. You need the same protection on the ski slopes in January as you do on the beach in August.

Another bonus to wearing sunglasses: They can help reduce the amount of wrinkles around the eyes. The skin of the eyelids and around the eyes is very thin and susceptible to sun damage. And wearing sunglasses reduces squinting, which can also lead to wrinkles.

Edited by hiker, 27 August 2012 - 05:44 AM.