Karl Marx is looking smarter every day

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Can capitalism survive. Communism didn't but that doesn't mean capitalism will either. Marx saw capitalism as a powerful model with real potential to make huge advances. However he saw it having flaws that would would eventually destroy it. These flaws would manifest themselves in crises that became bigger and bigger and more frequent. I think we get one last fling in a year or two when markets reprieve into 2032/4. From that point, either capitalism reinvents itsself or a new model appears. After all, no past system has survived too long. Why should the current one?

#2 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

:(

CRISES OF CAPITALISM

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#3 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Systems morph over times. Look at communist China morphing into from communism to communism/capitalism. In the USA capitalism is morphing into capitalism/fascism.

Edited by Dex, 09 December 2012 - 11:28 AM.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16