What's the bet on Chavez

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

Seems like Chavez is about to kick the bucket. Cancer is no respector of persons. My bet is US response is "good ridance". And here is my response. Chavez was elected legally by his constituents and he may have been of benefit or not to his country. Yet the US finds it hard to recognise the determinations of other nations. They find it hard to recongise that Egypt may not LOVE the US or Israel. The US supports democracy except when a dictator better suits their goals. What arrogance is it that claims only one person or one nation has the truth. It is the same arrogance that only one religion or one denomination has the truth. The fact is that development of thought has no end. What we consider "truth" today will probably be laughed at in future generations. How about we recognise we are all fallible and just a work in progress.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,028 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

The facts of reality are not subjective determinations. Chavez is, factually, a rights violating thug. That he got a bunch of parasites to vote him in (or not, as the case may be) is utterly irrelevant. Any MORAL person would oppose him and his government and would demand that the government that represents them also oppose him and his government. No arrogance needed, only reason and a grasp of the facts of reality. With that, you've gotten your rise Voltaire. Now, try to eschew blatantly politically incendiary postings. :/

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

[quote name='OEXCHAOS' date='Mar 1 2013, 11:15 AM' post='648619']
The facts of reality are not subjective determinations.

Chavez is, factually, a rights violating thug. That he got a bunch of parasites to vote him in (or not, as the case may be) is utterly irrelevant.

Any MORAL person would oppose him and his government and would demand that the government that represents them also oppose him and his government.

No arrogance needed, only reason and a grasp of the facts of reality.

With that, you've gotten your rise Voltaire. Now, try to eschew blatantly politically incendiary postings.

:/
[/quote

OEX

Mate you are a joke.

I think all would agree the USA is completely amoral if not immoral and you take the high road.

The parisitical thugs in the USA leave the rest of the world for dead.

I love the pharisaical US religious behavior.

All the trappings of religion but none of the fruits thereof.

Turn the other cheek, NO WAY, crush anyone who looks at the USA the wrong way.

What a great world it would be without the USA.

#4 voltaire

voltaire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

From my point of view, what is worse is that my country (Australia) has allowed itself to follow into every US conflict, based on the ANZUS treaty mentality. So now Australia is almost as despised around the world as the US. Our neighbour New Zealand is regarded highly as it it refused this nonsense alliance in recent times. I am considering moving to NZ.