• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

this is the 19th month of correction in gold
the market went up for 34 months prior to this correction.
the correction took time , but didnt give up much ground

this is the feds balance sheet http://www.graceland...13mar19fed1.png
if you put a chart of gold over this , it mimics the balance sheet very well , except for this latest breakout from the base.
the market wants to be reassured by the feds statement- well its tomorrow
cyprus is a very interesting situation. keeping an eye cast over there and in europe
next up will be japan , now kuroda has been appointed to the boj. gone is the conservative shirakawa.
we live in interesting times.
merrill came out w/ an interesting piece on gold, they have demand falling off the chart, but the price rising.
i dont think joe will be buying this market or any market for that matter
dharma

#2 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

I posted this on the FF page and posting here as well. Cypriot parliamnet voting today, the discussion has started. It should be over by about 18:00 GMT Most probably it will be negative. Back to plan B or C... -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

keep us posted this cyprus event has huge implications dharma

#4 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

The plan 'B' Dharma may be not to find the 5.2 Billion from the innocent Bank depositors haircut but from 'other' sources. I very much doubt that the Germans will find this acceptable since all along a paradigm was to be made of people who deposit hot/cold money in tax heavens. What about Liechtenstein, the Channel Islands Jersey and Guernsey, the island of Man and Giblartar one may ask. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#5 Psycho

Psycho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

What are the current # on hedge fund shorts of the miners? I assume they are going to cover a little. They already had such a huge short position to get to where we are now. I figure they will start getting out soon and let them rise so they can try to beat them down again on the next dip.

#6 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

What are the current # on hedge fund shorts of the miners? I assume they are going to cover a little. They already had such a huge short position to get to where we are now. I figure they will start getting out soon and let them rise so they can try to beat them down again on the next dip.

I don't see a lot of put volume in GDX unlike in GLD.

http://www.schaeffer...volpcratio.aspx

On the top left window "symbol" type gdx and gld

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

tria just in feb investors sold 106metric tons of gold etfs. which is a bullish signal i dont know what price or event it will take the miners to get some mojo, but i saw last time they will get mojo fwiw, i suspect the majors move 1st dharma

#8 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Cyprus voting result: NO-36 Abstein-19 YES-ZERO!!! -tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#9 Psycho

Psycho

• Traders-Talk User
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

-tria

Thanks Tria,
It looks like there is a slow decrease taking place. It looks like they are exiting a little each day, just like they got in. It may be a few more days before we get major jumps in either gold or the miners. On a side note, bought physical silver today. I would have bought some gold but cash poor right now.

#10 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

-tria

Thanks Tria,
It looks like there is a slow decrease taking place. It looks like they are exiting a little each day, just like they got in. It may be a few more days before we get major jumps in either gold or the miners. On a side note, bought physical silver today. I would have bought some gold but cash poor right now.

Psycho, I will probably feel more comfortable after next Monday's April's futures options expiration in Gold.

~ Wayne Gretzky