20 replies to this topic

#21 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

nice call!

shame shame shame on me...

I totally blew this trade. I entered NUGT seconds after the Fed announcement, had a 1800 profit in a few hours and never took it because I was so fixed on my 100% upside comments. Most of the time in the past trades when I get such a quick result I take profit immediately, especially in these highly dangerous leveraged ones. But I held over to the following day thinking price would do only a minor pullback and then resolve upwards as it had done in the previous rally...

but then the price just kept falling apart and I only ended up with a 400 profit on the trade.

I can only blame myself, but somehow the full moon, greed, a too confident message board posting about 100% and an celebrating invitation to dinner from my Father all added fuel to my disaster trade fire.... geez!

the violence of the swift pullback in GDX really caught me off guard... I gave the sign of strength on fed day too much credit and did not allow the possible interpretation that it was a short one day spike within a new bear trend (which was already existing)