• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

:o READ CAREFULLY and think of the time line required. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ From a friend... I have worked in the government on and off for 40 years. During that time I became quite familiar with requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts etc. It is a time consuming process with bean-counters and pencil-necked bureaucrats every step of the way. The simplest request takes months not days or hours. In less than 8 hours of the shutdown, miraculously, professionally printed 3X4 foot signs appeared all over the country in the tens of thousands saying-“this [park, facility, etc. with custom logos] closed due to government shutdown. There has not been a government shutdown in 17 years. These signs were designed, specifications were determined, signs were then requisitioned, bids were posted and vetted, government contracts were awarded. The materials were then ordered and the signs manufactured then distributed U.S. Mails or freight companies. This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8 month ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the White House.
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

:o
"...
This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8 month ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the White House.

Not surprising in the least... to anyone not wearing blinders.
40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Where is the trail..... Most signs look like cheap plastic over paper versus professional signs.... It would be interesting to see an article to validate this... Barry

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

From Newt Gingrich: "On their side, they have somebody who's playing chess, and on our side we are wavering between tic-tac-toe and checkers." Yup. Politics. About time to declare victory and accept defeat. :rolleyes:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#5 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

The signs are generic and the real estate signs could've been bought at Home Depot or Staples. They probably already had them in their office supply as park closings, shutdowns, and other warnings are common occurrences.

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

same as "pancake" theory appeared ready for primetime in 8 hours, with graphics and models, no professional analysis or peer review, getting the whole picture yet.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

The powers in charge spent money erecting barricades around national monuments which are open to public 24-7. Tells all! Everything done so far is to cause UNNECESSARY and maximum pain to the public. Chapter and verse from Alinsky.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

http://www.blogtalkr...-hagmann-report

This fellow V has been spot on every call,
now I correctly determined that it was not bad for stocks this time,
my cycle work looks like the real event is directly after Christmas,
and I am not even sure that post Christmas week is not a midpoint acceleration down
but we all they they have the Christmas koolaid.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Forget about the signs (which were no doubt put on a no bid contract given to a well connected friend).
Maybe they cost $634,000,000 like the non-functioning Healthcare.gov website?

I wonder where they got the money for the barricades and armed sidewalk guards?
It's silly to close a sidewalk or a parking lot to veterans but it is one thing government can do well and quickly.
Posted Image

And they can open it just as quickly for illegal aliens.
Immigration rally allowed on Mall despite shutdown
A week after World War II veterans struggled to gain access to a memorial on the National Mall due to the government's partial shutdown, thousands of people pushing for a new immigration law have been cleared by the government to proceed with a concert and rally Tuesday on the Mall. The march, dubbed the "Camino Americano", or "American Road," is hosted by groups including the Service Employees International Union and Casa de Maryland. The rally will feature speeches by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and other members of Congress. Another highlight will be a concert by the Mexican band Los Tigres del Norte.

What have Veterans ever done for US anyway? (He asked sarcastically)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 October 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#10 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Guys, I'm real close to folding and going to Ukraine about Christmas. I have enough to last a couple lifetimes there, closest to the only christian anti sodomite nation left in the world, you know who. If it blows over my company will take me back but I would only work again as contractor, never again W2.