bottom fishing

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#61 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

exited nugt long, if we look like HUI will close easily above 210 I may go long a non-leveraged position, flat for now BSing away Senor

#62 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

so far fails again to sustain a rally above HUI 210, day far from over, tough call here, am flat for now Senor

#63 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

bernake is speaking , his last several talks have resulted in gold being taken to the wood shed. The HGNSI rose 6.7 points yesterday to -23.3%, while MarketVane’s bullish consensus fell a point today to 40%. not much to be said @this point , we came into resistance @1252 and backed off . looks like its forming a rounded bottom could be a while doesnt have to be . confidence has been shattered in this market dharma

#64 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Elliot Wave with Gary Wagner on Kitco News Published on Jan 13, 2014
Peace
johngeorge

#65 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

the gann guy http://www.ganngloba...418352040d808ba
hgnsi remains unchanged -23..3% and market vane rose 1 to 41
double bottom in gold holding up, need to take out resistance. gold making a rounding bottom.
miners stronger.
its friday and the market is up , now that is something different
dharma

#66 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

looks like the real thing here to end the week, I consider this a bullish breakout in the miners, I bot AGQ near 17.05 and gold and silver should also breakout to the upside Senor

#67 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

dharma

:D

Something different about this "potential bottom formation" verses most others: the stair step – seems to be really creating confusion, doubt, and hesitation amongst the PM Bulls. All seem to want confirmation – “just a little higher” and then when we get it there is another drop and the confirmation moves “just a little higher”, keeping most OUT of reentering or adding to positions.

Not convinced "the" bottom is in, but am well positioned for this rally (a bit after Senior BS, but I have been adding on the pullbacks, instead of selling)

IMHO, this is a "swing" (Wave C of ABCDE triangle for Wave 4) and once Wave 4 is complete we will head for new lows, but IF NOT SO BE IT!

stubaby B)

#68 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

dharma

Something different about this "potential bottom formation" verses most others: the stair step – seems to be really creating confusion, doubt, and hesitation amongst the PM Bulls. All seem to want confirmation – “just a little higher” and then when we get it there is another drop and the confirmation moves “just a little higher”, keeping most OUT of reentering or adding to positions.

Not convinced "the" bottom is in, but am well positioned for this rally (a bit after Senior BS, but I have been adding on the pullbacks, instead of selling)

IMHO, this is a "swing" (Wave C of ABCDE triangle for Wave 4) and once Wave 4 is complete we will head for new lows, but IF NOT SO BE IT!

stubaby B)

yeah, I am not sure about final bottom or not - don't really care right now, looking for likely rallies to area of 200-day MA's in gold-silver-HUI

BSinng away

Senor

#69 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

dharma

stubaby B)

Hi Stu,

I can see we are in a wave 4 approaching the top of the channel https://www.tradingv...com/e/t6Kf1GGQ/ but not sure about the other things you mentioned.

Could you post a chart showing what you just said? Thanks

Edited by Russ, 17 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#70 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

dharma

stubaby B)

Hi Stu,

I can see we are in a wave 4 approaching the top of the channel https://www.tradingv...com/e/t6Kf1GGQ/ but not sure about the other things you mentioned.

Could you post a chart showing what you just said? Thanks

Russ:

Talking about Miners here:

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI&p=W&yr=2&mn=0&dy=0&i=p57885419144&a=330625896&r=159.png

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HUI:GLD&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&i=p42015741167&a=331729869&r=990.png

stubaby B)