Author Predicts Earthquakes July 12 & Sept 9

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

Some years ago, I hypothesized that there was an observable relationship between earthquakes and planetary gravitational forces.
(See: May 2006 post: The moon is killing thousands...again, Gravitational effects on the equator?)

Remember when the 2004 Indian Ocean 9.3 earthquake struck in the morning, one minute before 8:00am, during a full moon?
It devastated the Indonesian island of Sumatra.
Now here's another observer touting the same theory.

Author Says Earthquakes Are Predictable

Andrew Limberg May 29, 2014
David Nabhan author of "Earthquake Prediction: Answers in Plain Slight" became interested in earthquakes while he was the earthquake preparedness coordinator for the school where he worked.

He says he noticed every earthquake happened at dusk or dawn.
"I realized this sort of conscience doesn't happen in science.
These dawn and dusk quakes during new and full moons are the paradigm on the west coast," he said.
"All six great quakes that have struck in Los Angeles that have killed people since the 30s, all of them, dawn or dusk [quakes].

How can earthquakes be predicted? Nabhan says that it is the, "conjoined lunar and solar gravitational tides," are what cause them.
"Just imagine the muscle required to move our oceans around every day. Our fractured fault lines are not immune to this [power]," he said.
Nabhan says that there has never been a new idea in science that wasn't accepted without a fight.
So, when will the next big earthquakes happen?
Nabhan says July 12 and Sept. 9, between 4:45 to 7:55 a.m. and/or p.m.

Of course earthquakes can and do happen at any time because we are living on the thin dross of a molten ball of metal.
But that molten metal is constantly being pulled by planetary magnets in our solar system and the greatest forces occur when the sun, earth and moon are aligned.
I support his theory... but we'll see if his precise prediction pans out.
Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 May 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

Standing on SOLID GROUND?
Think again: Continental Drift!

http://www.bobspixel...gy/contdrft.htm
Starting 550 Million Years Ago (MYA):
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At this rate, the California coast will eventually become part of China.

I live 700 ft above sea level. We have lots of old coral reefs from when we were under the sea!
(Somebody better call Al Gore and warn him of rising seas caused by Continental Drift!)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 May 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image
Western Interior Seaway during the mid-Cretaceous, about 100 million years ago
http://en.wikipedia....Interior_Seaway

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 May 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

I had almost forgotten about the fishing records which are influenced by lunar phases and sunrise & sunset, as well as moon rise and moon set.

About a year ago I read an article from a fishing guide who claimed an association with record fish catches with moon phases, specifically New and Full moons tend to produce record catches near dawn and dusk and moon rise and moon set..

So when I saw the picture below of a record 27lb Brown Trout caught on Oct. 3, 2005 I back checked a moon phase calendar.
Yep.
It was caught in the morning of a New Moon.

Posted Image
27lbs, 10 ozs. Oct. 3, 2005, Lake Taneycomo, Mo.

Posted Image
New world record 25.1-pound largemouth bass.
Caught this past Monday within the Full Moon "window."
Weakley set the hook at about 6:40 a.m. Near sun rise!
His buddy caught the same fish 3 years ago on a New Moon!:

Posted Image
May 31st 2003 NEW MOON! Record Fish!

THE REAL SCOOP
...in 1976, when I got into the fishing guide business full time, I really made it a point to compare my fishing catches to a number of solunar charts. Once I started logging my catches on a daily basis I developed a good data base. This finally put me in a position to compare hundreds of muskies, and thousands of bass and walleyes on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis to any printed solar/lunar reference. One of my key entries was the time of day.
The real secret, I discovered, to solar/lunar influences on a daily basis was nothing more than knowing when the sun and moon rose and set on a 24 hour basis. That's right, it was simply a matter of knowing, to the minute, when the sun came up and went down, and when the moon came up and went down each and every day. My 21 year old fishing log revealed without question that fish were active during a 90 minute window surrounding each one of these four daily influences.
The other "super secret" my logs revealed was the predictable frequency of big fish catches during the peak moon phases of full and new moon. Specifically,[b] a lot more big muskies, walleyes, and bass were taken right on the scheduled calendar day of both the full or new (dark) moon peak
, and continued for a three to five day stretch afterwards. In other words, if the full moon peak is on June 10th, June 10 thru 15 have great potential for trophies.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 May 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Moon Gardening?

As the moon circles our planet, its gravitational pull tugs and stretches the soil. It creates high and low tides in all the water on Earth, including the dew that surrounds sprouting seedlings.
Countless books have been written advocating planting based upon the phases of the moon. Scientists have been studying the moon's effect on plants. On one university campus, researchers charted the electro-dynamic fields in trees. These researchers found cycles that related to moon activity. At the USDA Agricultural Research Service National Laboratory in Ames, Iowa a study showed that farmland tilled on moonless nights experienced dramatic drops in weed seed germination. Here are some general guidelines for moon gardeners: Moon Gardening

Edited by Rogerdodger, 31 May 2014 - 11:43 PM.

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

A few days after the recent new moon, look what happened at dusk:

June 1, 2014

A shallow magnitude 4.2 earthquake was reported Sunday evening by the U.S. Geological Survey with an epicenter in Brentwood, just northwest of The Getty Center. The temblor occurred at 7:36 p.m.
http://www.latimes.c...my9j-story.html

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 June 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

Yesterday, within 3 days of June's full moon, we had a nice 4+ earthquake near OKC.

Likewise, Alaska had a swarm of quakes yesterday.
Their last swarm of quakes was also within 3 days of April's full moon.
Swarm of earthquakes in Alaska puzzles scientists...

The magnitude-5.7 quake struck at 4:01 a.m. Monday northeast of the village of Noatak, the Alaska Earthquake Center reported.
The swarm of magnitude-5.7 quakes is connected to more than 300 smaller aftershocks, some with magnitudes in the high 3s, Ruppert said.
Monday's quake was preceded by one minute by a magnitude-4.2 foreshock and followed by at least 10 aftershocks.
Ruppert said old seismic faults have been mapped in the area, but there are no known active faults, although that doesn't mean there aren't any. She said sometimes surface fault scars could be hidden by vegetation or glacial deposits.
"Obviously, since we are having all this earthquake activity, there must be some active faults in the area," Ruppert said.

"All mining activities are very near the surface," Ruppert said. "And all the earthquakes are miles below the surface."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 June 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

This viral video of an earthquake during a newscast occurred within 24 hours of the March full moon, on March, 17 2014, 6:25 a.m. (at dawn, as was Alaska's quake).

KTLA’s Anchors React to Magnitude-4.4 Quake, Which Hit During Broadcast

Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 June 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

This one's a bit early for the author's time window.
But notice that it did occur at dawn.

Strong Quake Hits Mexico, Guatemala; 2 Dead

The quake hit at 6:23 a.m.
The quake was centered 57 miles (92.2 kilometers) below the surface.

A bit too deep to be caused by fracking.
More likely normal plate tectonics, as the earth continues to slowly evolve. ;)

Edited by Rogerdodger, 07 July 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Author Predicts Earthquakes July 12 & Sept 9, "dawn and dusk quakes during new and full moons"

"Near the full moon or new moon, dawn or dusk" is when the gravitational force is greatest.
EARLY Saturday a.m.
6.8 Mag Quake Strikes Fukushima Region...

http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 July 2014 - 04:13 PM.