Three Levels of Resistance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Well, I'm sorry to say that it wasn't a good week for the gold bulls as all three of the precious metals advance/decline lines that we follow at Technical Watch moved to lower levels without providing price divergence. More troubling though is that the Yahoo 30 XAU advance/decline line, which has shown good leadership at market turns in the past, actually moved to new lows on Wednesday. Because of these new lows, we now have three fan formation lines of resistance above current levels, and with the McClellan Summation Indexes of both breadth and volume at around the -1250/-1300 level for this basket of stocks, this would highly suggest that we're at least a month or two away from seeing a price a bottom in the metals complex.

As a reminder, we still have a longer term .618 target in gold of $1156 (+/- $20.00) on a closing basis still in play here, and if the other two precious metals A/D lines follow the lead of the Yahoo 30, there's an excellent chance that we'll see gold move to or towards this Fibonacci target level before seeing the actual bottom.

Fib

Posted Image

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Gold isn't going anywhere except down. No fear in the world. Interest rates falling.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#3 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here and on FF forum fib.