Took trading profits ans went slightly short

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

FWIW, I took trading profits in Gold @ $1325 and went slightly short which I think I will keep for 2 days or up to very very early July at the latest. Stops are in place and long term long positions were not touched. Big move is still expected from early July to the Autumn months. Just doing what I posted I will do, ie. selling early week strength. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#2 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

Sorry but I posted on the T-Theory forum on Monday morning that I will sell an early week strength as can been seen below: Monday, 23 June. In Gold it is possible to have a small run up early in the week and then consolidate to slightly lower levels. Investors who are presumably long, should do nothing and just satay long imho. Traders, like myself, will use an early week possible rise to sell some, and wait to buy back in the latter part of the week or very early in July. A big rise is coming from a yet unknown time time in July to the Autumn months. More about that later. 6/25 is Gold and Silver July futures OPEX but this expiration is not as popular as the June one was and which resulted in a manipulated big drop. This is my opinion as of now and subject to change, but will post if it does change.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky