Gold correction ends at 1280?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

HUI-XAU-GDX earlier today all took out previous correction lows (since July 9/10 highs) by modest to marginal amounts and have rallied decently so far, the declines currently look like "potentially" completed double zigzags from those rally highs. This is now one of those very, very key junctures where if the bullish case is correct we should soon rally strongly. Any "sustained" move significantly below today's lows and I am OUT OF LONGS, I really like the bullish risk/reward here but you also have to be disciplined and have an exit strategy - I have mine. As always DYODD Senor

Edited by senorBS, 04 August 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

HUI-XAU-GDX earlier today all took out previous correction lows (since July 9/10 highs) by modest to marginal amounts and have rallied decently so far, the declines currently look like "potentially" completed double zigzags from those rally highs. This is now one of those very, very key junctures where if the bullish case is correct we should soon rally strongly. Any "sustained" move significantly below today's lows and I am OUT OF LONGS, I really like the bullish risk/reward here but you also have to be disciplined and have an exit strategy - I have mine. As always DYODD

Senor

so the bullish divergence is gdxj did not make new lows
, while the other miner averages did
the only caveat in the picture for me is the commercials. they have trimmed their shorts, but remain lopsidedly short.
i have moved my stops to 1276 for now.
dharma
watching banco espirito santo. to see what happens there. could be the blueprint for bail ins?!
the dollar has hit temporary resistance. i think the dollar fares much better than the overly flawed euro

Edited by dharma, 04 August 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#13 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

sure looks like it will bottom tomorrow morning fwiw the whole complex gold and stocks
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

sure looks like it will bottom tomorrow morning fwiw the whole complex gold and stocks

it does feel/seem like one of those ELVIS "now or never' moments

Senor

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Marginal/modest new lows in most miner indices/ETF's but so far have not moved "decisively" lower, got some nice near term tech divergences, I am holding long but watching this very, very closely. I still like the case for a key secondary low to be registered in this area. Senor

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

I still like the bullish potential and it should absolutely fly out of here "IF" bullish and I stress the "IF". As critical as it gets!

NO BS

Senor

#17 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

I still like the bullish potential and it should absolutely fly out of here "IF" bullish and I stress the "IF". As critical as it gets!

NO BS

Senor

The only problem is that silver is taking a nose dive, but it is at the .618 retracement now.

#18 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

NO BS

Senor

The only problem is that silver is taking a nose dive, but it is at the .618 retracement now.

silver is the more volatile of the 2. and the most manipulated . it distorts moves. its why i watch gold and the miners. gold is in backwardation this morning. which is bullish. we are close here, but not there. i suspect the backwardation is 1-lack of physical 2-big demand. physical needs to show up to alleviate backwardation
dharma

#19 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

NO BS

Senor

silver is the more volatile of the 2. and the most manipulated . it distorts moves. its why i watch gold and the miners. gold is in backwardation this morning. which is bullish. we are close here, but not there. i suspect the backwardation is 1-lack of physical 2-big demand. physical needs to show up to alleviate backwardation
dharma

we may have "been there" and "done that" with this late session reversal, miners are "flyin" a bit, took it to the limit and so far so good, however we are still not out of the woods

Senor

#20 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

NO BS

Senor

dharma

Another analyst whose name I cannot recall said to look for divergence between gold and silver as a sign of a bottom, I believe he said either one can diverge...ie gold down and silver up or visa versa. Not sure what the reason for that would be. Russ
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/