Photo

I do not wish to spoil the Party BUT......

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Hope that I am wrong but there is strong chance that I might turn bearish on Gold early or by mid week if a certain level is not surpassed by then. Bottom line is that I will not be surprised at all if we drop by week's end if there is no acceleration very soon. Hope this is a false alarm but that is the way I see it. -tria :angry:

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#2 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

Other than the doji the basic indicators suggest the party is just starting but I know you look at some more complex stuff...

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$GOLD&p=D&yr=0&mn=3&dy=0&i=p84045201638&r=1407707493517.png
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Clive Maund: Gold Market Update originally published August 3rd, 2014

Clive Maund: Silver Market Update originally published August 3rd, 2014
Peace
johngeorge

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

Clive Maund: Gold Market Update originally published August 3rd, 2014

Clive Maund: Silver Market Update originally published August 3rd, 2014

A totally useless forecast .... "As we can see, if it is a true Fish Head Triangle, then breakout is imminent, and as with normal Triangles, breakout can be in either direction." Flipping a coin is the same thing as reading Clive's comments.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#5 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

Russ "Flipping a coin is the same thing as reading Clive's comments." :D :lol: :D You can be certain of one thing though...........it will move up or down.
Peace
johngeorge

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

Russ
"Flipping a coin is the same thing as reading Clive's comments." :D :lol: :D
You can be certain of one thing though...........it will move up or down.

:P

#7 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

Support is holding so far this morning, Athens time. What I want to see, however, is what happens if/when resistace above $1320 is tested, as I think it will be, by this Wednesday at the latest. Hope my cautious view is unwarranted but I must stay flexible as always when trading. I am speaking short/medium term and not long term. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#8 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

Support is holding so far this morning, Athens time.
What I want to see, however, is what happens if/when resistace above $1320 is tested, as I think it will be, by this Wednesday at the latest. Hope my cautious view is unwarranted but I must stay flexible as always when trading. I am speaking short/medium term and not long term.

-tria

Well the term wave count suggests we should soon be ending a wave 2 and that means if bullish a wave 3 should launch us above 1320 and take us a lot higher, however I do agree if this does not occur in the next 2-4 days then the bull case grows mucho weaker IMO, we see

BSing away

Senor

#9 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

What I want to see, however, is what happens if/when resistace above $1320 is tested, as I think it will be, by this Wednesday at the latest. Hope my cautious view is unwarranted but I must stay flexible as always when trading. I am speaking short/medium term and not long term.

-tria

Well the term wave count suggests we should soon be ending a wave 2 and that means if bullish a wave 3 should launch us above 1320 and take us a lot higher, however I do agree if this does not occur in the next 2-4 days then the bull case grows mucho weaker IMO, we see

BSing away

Senor

Exactly Senor and there are some RSI formations in some smaller than the 4-hour time frames that I do not like much.
These however will look a lot better with a rally that sticks.
The 4-hour and all longer time frames still look fine so far, however.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

-tria

BSing away

Senor

Exactly Senor and there are some RSI formations in some smaller than the 4-hour time frames that I do not like much.
These however will look a lot better with a rally that sticks.
The 4-hour and all longer time frames still look fine so far, however.

-tria

I like what I see so far, love the risk/reward from here, but also have a level (reasonable risk) where I will exit all longs as my bullish wave count would become unlikely, whether it rallies or I am stopped out I cannot ask for more than that

Senor