Canada

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:21 PM

Burger King wants to go there solely to cheat on taxes but it's also a great place to live.

"Five Reasons To Flee the U.S. for Canada'

Canada has the world’s best reputation internationally as a place to do business and live for the third consecutive year, according to the latest annual survey of more than 27,000 people around the world by the Reputation Institute, an international corporate advisory firm.

“Canada’s results confirm that it is only possible to maintain a strong reputation in the long-term when a country has the ability to transmit its leadership globally in each of the three key criteria: an effective government, an advanced economy, and an appealing environment,” Fernando Prado, a managing partner at Reputation Institute, said in a statement.

Economic wealth is only one factor that contributes to a country’s reputation. The study measures the reputation of 50 countries based on levels of trust, esteem, admiration and respect, as well as people’s perceptions related to other attributes that include a country being viewed as a safe place to visit, a beautiful country, having friendly and welcoming residents, passing progressive social and economic policies, and being run by an effective government. (The shutdown of the U.S. federal government last October, for instance, would have lost the U.S. some valuable points.)

From five reasons from the link:

Less fire-arm related homicide.

More socially progressive government.

Universal health care.

Generous parental leave.

Canadians are funny.

...and I will add, as a close neighbor -- Canadians are also polite, considerate and, unlike at least a quarter of the U.S. population, GENERALLY SANE.

:yes:

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."