Every Picture Tells A Story, Don't It?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

You seemed to have missed the Christmas low ...?

If you mean the flush lows of January 2nd, yes, we missed it by 3 trading days. :( :)

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 15 April 2015 - 12:50 PM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:06 PM

Fib it appears this tool is NOT for st trading decisions?

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

Fib it appears this tool is NOT for st trading decisions?

Nope...it's for all time frames.

Markets can swim against the tide for only so long before they exhaust themselves to their inevitability.

Like everything else in this business, patience and discipline eventually gets rewarded.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#14 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

Tthanks

#15 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

Looks to me like the divergence that is demonstrated in this chart/thread is going to miss a cycle low just like it did at Christmas. Interesting dynamic.

Posted Image
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

Looks to me like the divergence that is demonstrated in this chart/thread is going to miss a cycle low just like it did at Christmas. Interesting dynamic.

Posted Image

Actually, if you put a ruler to the monitor, and compare the December decline, you will see that the A/D line diverged with the December 24th lows.

As far as today is concerned, you're only assuming that we didn't diverge this time after losing 2% last week.

And you know what they say when you assume something...I'll take the 5th on the middle part! :lol:

Fib

#17 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

Actually, if you put a ruler to the monitor, and compare the December decline, you will see that the A/D line diverged with the December 24th lows.

As far as today is concerned, you're only assuming that we didn't diverge this time after losing 2% last week.

And you know what they say when you assume something...I'll take the 5th on the middle part! :lol:

Fib

Early Nov low and Christmas. Hard to miss the divergence (which looked bearish), but wasn't. We have the same look now but more pronounced. Normally you'd trade that or at least abstain from longs. I stayed long through the New Year into the late Jan. highs. But if I had been watching and looking at that chart it would have been a challenge to lean long. We seem to be facing the same thing. I guess we'll know more after the FED this week.
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain