Gold:XAU ratio coiling for a move

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:45 AM

Tuesday when I was looking at Ike's chart presentation on ratios, I noticed the Gold:XAU ratio had been coiling over the last few months. The move looks to measure to at least 5.14 which would equate to around 72 on the XAU, or if it goes the other way to 4.14, that would equate to around 96. If it is ready to pop now and after Friday's dismal action in the gold shares, one would think the ratio would pop up. Perhaps next week will tell the tale.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$gold:$xau,uu[w,a]dallyyay[de][pb50!b200][vc60][iub14!la12,26,9]&r=3051.gif

#2 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:01 AM

I do alot of work on PDG chart. If the 15.15 to 14.85 range hold,we could go up . LINE in sand..I also think this will take time??a mo.I think the stocks are ahead of ,lead , gold it's self..In gold , should hold $380

#3 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 11:02 AM

In this time of the yr. small stocks under $10 do not do well.Try not to use them as a guide.Big boys play big caps,in summer time .for safety..='s weakness in small stocks. Now w/ that said ,is RANGY a value w/ a PE of 3.1 or am I missing something ,,In the value..I'm looking at chart wise for ?? $1.75 to add too.HELP needed.