28 replies to this topic

#11 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:48 AM

"JG: my goodness you are good"

dougie

You are waaaaay too generous with your compliments.  The good ones on this board are the former and present brokers/money managers with years and years of experience who unselfishly post their thoughts, ideas, and analysis.  I believe you know who they are.  I try to learn from them all I can and it is their giving nature that has allowed me to profit, from time to time, from trading.  The most valuable thing I have learned on this board is that I know very little. It is the generous posters here that make the positive difference.

Peace
johngeorge

#12 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:12 AM

JG: my goodness you are good

True, you Dougie and JG (in alphabetical order) diserve a Cuban Montecristo cigar.

https://www.google.g...nD2YQMwgiKAAwAA

Edited by tria, 16 February 2016 - 07:15 AM.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#13 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

"JG: my goodness you are good"

dougie

You are waaaaay too generous with your compliments.  The good ones on this board are the former and present brokers/money managers with years and years of experience who unselfishly post their thoughts, ideas, and analysis.  I believe you know who they are.  I try to learn from them all I can and it is their giving nature that has allowed me to profit, from time to time, from trading.  The most valuable thing I have learned on this board is that I know very little. It is the generous posters here that make the positive difference.

Who are those good ones JG?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#14 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

"Who are those good ones JG?"

Russ

You happen to be one of them.  yes.gif  I don't have a list as I am afraid I may leave some deserving souls out. 

Peace
johngeorge

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

"Who are those good ones JG?"

Russ

You happen to be one of them.  yes.gif  I don't have a list as I am afraid I may leave some deserving souls out. 

tnx. You mentioned some fund managers on this board, just curious who they are.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#16 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

true , and if it is a bull then some of the gaps do not get filled

the market changes character, in a bear they always all get filled

dharma

#17 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

My adice to the 'die hard' perma-bears to 'mind the gap' above the GLD anticipated Tuesday's

down opening is no longer valid, as it was filled today.

I do think however that there are still some small EW subdivisions to be observed, before a larger

correction is seen.

Time wise and imo, next week may prove to print an interim high.

In a longer time frame, I think a large cup and handle if not a DB will be observed.

The handle or a DB may conclude much later in this enlightening year.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#18 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:17 PM

Perhaps we have a RSI and a MCD Bullish-T in the weekly, expiring at about March 2019.

Just draw the declining resistance line joining the declining RSI highs since late 2012 and you see that it

was broken to the upside this February.

One calculates the time from the October 2012 RSI high to the lowest price low time which was in Dec 2015.

It is roughly about 39 months. 12/2015+39 months = 03/2019 (expiration time)

If one starts from the 9/11 high one arrives with an expiring T a bit later in early 2020.

Same with the MCD oscillator.

I posted this chart in the distant past.

Little did I know that it would be good enough for (Greek at least) Government work by forecasting a late 2015 low!

I am reposting it to give you an idea of how one draws RSI-Ts since I can't myself.

Chart (not updated) curtesy of Lee (T-Theory)

Bottom line is that I will buy any & every weakness, no matter what, this and every year henceforward for the next 2 years.

The GLD option situation is scary and hope it presents us with very mouth watering buying opportunities.

Now that I have jettisoned my most speculative and time decaying instruments, ie. NEM & GDXJ calls, NUGT & JNUG triples,

I am ready for anything that comes in Gold's way. The long dated futures have negligible carrying charges (contango) so time

is on my side. By the time I sell them, a full backwardation may be in place. Rolling over is not costly with zero int. rates.

If I can manage an occasional small size shorting (sleepless) campaign, I'll give myself a pat on the bag.

Gold near $1,150 - good

Gold near $1,000 - very good

Gold < $900  -  just excellent,  Y R wellcome !

When the Bull Flag drops the manure drops etc.

Be seeing you,

Lazarus

PS

In case I corrupt your internet space or waste your reading time with my greek-manure, kindly let me know asap.

My general view may suffice and my trades may be hazardous for some or many. Just let me know, pls. I do feel responsible

for thinking last year that the greco stk mkt big bear was over. I was naive to think that about -80% was enough.

It seems I was wrong and have underestimated the stupidity of the radical left Syriza clowns. I have written down my shares as

TCL (total constructive loss) but I am not selling by any means the export oriented companies that I mainly have. This way, anything above zero when I sell, will become a profit in the long term.

Either the fast rising in popularity 'New Demoracy' party comes shortly in power or a Syriza drachma conclusion after all,

will end this present and never ending misery of my compatriots.

Edited by tria, 18 February 2016 - 10:20 PM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#19 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:28 AM

Another very nice chart by Master Painter Norm in the T-Theory forum, for your perusal.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#20 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

Crude and Gold, their 2016 potential!!! road maps.

Uncanningly correct sometimes.

Some or a lot of GLD May expiration 2016 Puts may be in good order perhaps soon !!

The Gold Solunar Model's plot, may have to be moved barckwards by about one or one and

a half month for a better fit, or so I think.

Courtesy of Chris Carolan

Bravo Chris, good work Man.

Edited by tria, 19 February 2016 - 09:31 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky