• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:42 AM

from 1975-76 gold went from 210 -105

http://futures.tradi...continuous.html

which was the bottom and end of the bear , w/in the bull 

here is 77 w/about a 60% increase from the lows

http://futures.tradi...continuous.html

folks its early in the game w/the bulls calling for a deep correction here. 

yes, even the bulls that have missed the move so far are wearing their correction now hats

i can see a possibility to get to 1160 =.5 correction. i dont think its likely but it could happen

i am in buy mode waiting for some explorers to correct some. 

dharma

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:01 PM

gold cots

http://news.goldseek.../1458934309.php

well commercials added to shorts, so back to 200k net short

dharma

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:26 PM

of note the duquesne fund run by drukinmiller ho as averaged 30% gains from 86-2010, w/o a down year

he has just increased his portfolio holdings to 30% gold .  worth the note . this guy has been fantastic

dharma

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:35 AM

quiet market. yellen speaks today. job #s come out friday.  it looks to me like this correction has almost run its course. 

i do think there is more upside.to be seen before there is a more major correction. keep in mind the dollar is only one factor 

affecting gold prices.  and at times the dollar and gold run parallel.  we are still in phase 1 of the 4 phase model.  even bulls, and most have

missed the rally are calling for a big correction, if this is a bull market these folks will not be accommodated

dharma

this year the weather service is calling for a normal monsoon in india=indian farmers are large buyers of gold when they have good crops

#6 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

armstrong https://www.armstron...ing-range-tool/

dharma

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

this is the big issue https://global.hande...er-the-mattress

yellen  more accommodation . gold breaks above 1229 which begins the next price cycle. a close above there is an indication

of higher prices to come.   the fed is trapped. , yes you can find them @the hotel california. such a lovely place

dharma

#8 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

I usually don't like in trading the news Dharma, no matter if they are bullish or bearish...

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#9 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

i can understand that. 

normally, i would think this is a kick off to the next leg higher, and it might be. but, the 17 week cycle is yet to bottom(middish april) so i am skeptical and hadik  has the 1st 2 weeks of april as a possibility

whenever it bottoms, if it hasnt already, i see us running into june

so many things to be concerned about. well dharma bulls climb a wall of worry!

sentiment

The HGNSI was unchanged at 20%.

MarketVane’s bullish consensus rose a point to 49%

DSI fell 2 points to just 47%, which matches the low we saw on March 15th the day before the FOMC.hmmm

these are not topping #s  they are middling, if we are back in the bull

which is where i believe we are

dharma

#10 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

well the end of march and mid june are the 2 best seasonal times to buy gold . of course there was option expiration and the usual pounding of the sector.  w/all the talk by the gurus for correction now and deep, they again missed the move. and that is as it should be.  w/new highs in the market expect the gurus to be back in blowing trumpets and such. 

in bulls the parameters change for commercials, who are always short.   in 04 the commercials put on a large short position it took quite some time for that position to bear fruit. as exchange members commercials put up minimum in margins so its no sweat for them to hold positions

a big up day, the key question is will there be follow through this time??? that is key

hey i am worried , there is lots to worry about. i bit my lip and bought stuff. 

i am still thinking april to june will be another leg

dharma

is the dollar a safe haven?  these kinds of questions come to me