Did my first gold stock buy, tiny position

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

yes indeed, and i can tell you this will change. in 79, it became chase or be left out
right now what we are experiencing is a fight. fight for the status quo
this is off topic but fascinating
http://forbiddenknow...e-metal-to-own/
dharma

interresting to say the least.i am having trouble with the date of the interview.[before or after the election]  can somebody help? TIA..

#12 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:14 AM

pisces

Date shown is October 30, 2016.

Peace
johngeorge

#13 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

I think we are close to a bottom so I bought 4 stocks earlier this morning.  1 a full position and 3 are partials.   I am now pretty well filled up with stocks and will likely only buy to add to positions.  When this gold market rally starts again I am thinking my portfolio will definitely shine, or, so I hope. tongue.png

You have to buy the carnage in this sector and sell the euphoria - we are all slowly learning to be patient and somewhat contrarian.  Good job JG

Thank you for the kind words stubaby

Lots and lots of damage to the miners and I suspect it can always get worse.  The way I see it that gives me an opportunity to add to positions I already own.  Also I realize not all of my stock picks will be winners so the hope is the winners will more than make up for the losers. 

You do great work stubaby and your contributions to this board are very much appreciated. I try very hard not to miss one of your posts.

Best to you.  smile.png

Peace
johngeorge

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:17 PM

panic mode in full flight, I added another tiny tranche of GDX at 20.94, these are very, very small positions, probably 5% of what I will eventually allocate to this sector. What an incredible week, I am thinking 1210 area may be reached Sunday night/Monday morning

BSing away

Senor

#15 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

I'm wondering  if we get a bond market collapse this week how it might affect gold.

#16 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:44 AM

Triple top overnight for dollar index at 100. Is it the top or will it  break out and zoom? 

P.S. Good call, Senor, on the overnight dip in gold

Edited by Smithy, 14 November 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#17 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

panic mode in full flight, I added another tiny tranche of GDX at 20.94, these are very, very small positions, probably 5% of what I will eventually allocate to this sector. What an incredible week, I am thinking 1210 area may be reached Sunday night/Monday morning

BSing away

Senor

so far so bueno, 1112 low and a bounce, lots of 2-12 hr and a daily technical fdvergence developing as well, could e coming into a bueno low but we know how dangerous bottom fishing a decline like this is, just gonna hold my tiny GDX long from Friday

Senor

#18 redbrush

redbrush

• Traders-Talk User
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:44 AM

Looking for that congestion area around $20 on GDX to be tested, which happens to be the 61.8 retracement level (19.80) as well. A break of $20 might add some psychological dumping as well.

#19 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:21 PM

Still cant rule out new weejly lows imo
Spend much time under 1210 and 1085 here we come

#20 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

I had ot another 2 tiny tranches 20.94 and 20.48 and sold today at 21.70, made a small profit, still not sure if this is done or we need another new los.

Senor