Photo

UGLY bottom or classic?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#11 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:35 AM

You guys might want to listen to Tim Knights market reviews. He like to play the downside in all markets...it's deeper and faster.

Anyways, he is bearish on gold and miners. I have found him to be correct more often than incorrect.

Trading the Close

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#12 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:32 AM

Below here and sub 1000 coming your ways

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:50 AM

Below here and sub 1000 coming your ways

anything possible amigo, but with what I saw overnight in the technicals and ewave patterns I really like the case for a bottom at this 1200 area, we see

#14 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

Closing the gap at 1157.80 weekly looks to be a certainty. 

IMO there are never any "certainties" and thinking that way is dangerous

#15 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

XAU looked pretty certain to me last July to go down into October/November ( which I updated to late November) as I posted on this board and my blog.... bingo.  The low ideally should come in next week but it could be this week too, my signals are usually +/- a couple of days. 1157 is a big gap on the weekly chart and gaps are like magnets but it may not close it though.

Closing the gap at 1157.80 weekly looks to be a certainty. 

IMO there are never any "certainties" and thinking that way is dangerous

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#16 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

IMO we are at a stage where a market that is this extremely  oversold (and diverging) from hourlies to dailies either crashes another $50 or undergoes a soild bounce at a minimum. There usually is not much in between when at extremes like we now have IMO. So I view tonight's and Mondays action as very "near term" important, as far as the medium term goes that jury remains out

#17 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

Senor,

The divergence in the a/d is minor compared to last January's on the daily chart, on the weekly the difference is quite large looking at the cci.  I also notice that Fib who callled the low last winter is silent so far. The third chart is also interesting which again shows the divergeces could be much larger.  Appreciate your input.  Russ

Edited by Russ, 20 November 2016 - 12:58 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#18 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

and Gold itself, is showing it could easily go lower, it broke last May's low just slightly last week.  The dollar index is the wild card here as it has started to break out...

#19 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:34 PM

THis chart was originally posted a few months ago here....

#20 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

IMO we are at a stage where a market that is this extremely  oversold (and diverging) from hourlies to dailies either crashes another $50 or undergoes a soild bounce at a minimum. There usually is not much in between when at extremes like we now have IMO. So I view tonight's and Mondays action as very "near term" important, as far as the medium term goes that jury remains out

I agree with you ,a bounce of unknown magnitude is starting here.

i also keep in mind , we are in Erics time window of a bottom , plus what i believe to be the majority is looking for it to break lower.

there you have it.  GLTA  zorro.gif