wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#101 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

for me I have 5 up basis daily bar and close only charts in XAU/GDX/HUI - no forecasting tool is guaranteed to work and I have seen it "not work" before. However it's all about probabilities and with 5 up I will look to add to my current 15% long position if this pullback continues - will likely target 38-62% retracement areas. 38% retrace in GDX is at 23.63 which interestingly "so far" is today's exact low...swoon.gif

PureBS

Senor

#102 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

raisng a little cash, in no hurry. but i want to have cash to buy on the wave 2 pullback

this chart is still in a downtrend, when it turns up fund managers will come to gold stocks https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

what will get m2 to turn up will be the banksters taking their qe money ball out of the fed and into the frb system

raising rates will be what does that. at low rates the banksters are not lending out their qe money ball

dharma

#103 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

raisng a little cash, in no hurry. but i want to have cash to buy on the wave 2 pullback

this chart is still in a downtrend, when it turns up fund managers will come to gold stocks https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2V

what will get m2 to turn up will be the banksters taking their qe money ball out of the fed and into the frb system

raising rates will be what does that. at low rates the banksters are not lending out their qe money ball

dharma

Dharma, wouldn't it be ironic if wave 2 has already ended today at that 38% retrace - how many folks are exiting or lightening up here? and if this is a wave ii of 3 I would no longer expect a 62% retrace, this is where shallower retracements become more likely IF, and I stress IF, the bullish wve count is  operative one. What an interesting juncture

Senor

#104 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

dharma

Dharma, wouldn't it be ironic if wave 2 has already ended today at that 38% retrace - how many folks are exiting or lightening up here? and if this is a wave ii of 3 I would no longer expect a 62% retrace, this is where shallower retracements become more likely IF, and I stress IF, the bullish wve count is  operative one. What an interesting juncture

Senor

that would be a surprise! i am not willing to part w/much here. 28th is options expiration, so the wash, rinse, repeat cycle is in effect.  then the big one april 25th is the french election.  and that could be huge if le pen wins.  but hollande screwed things up pretty good. he isnt even running. so le pen has a real shot, like trump did. status quo politicians have made their constituents poorer and unhappy. dont count her out

hgnsi unc from yesterday. interested in the action of gsv. again they brought it down and again it comes back. that 30million share day on the 17th 

stands out.  go ahead make a bid! make my day. 

senor, cant count that out! i only have 1or 2 laggards. one is gone this am.. just took a look some of the miners have already had significant corrections . 

dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 March 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#105 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

dharma

Senor

Senor:

Was thinking about that last night and again this morning - If our counts include the large 2nd wave to the dec low and the 2nd wave 2 off of the early Feb high (1-2 1-2) then everyone bails now or even worse on what would appear a small wave b up - looking for that c down to the 50 or 61.8% FIB that never comes!  How ironic is mr. market!

stu

#106 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

dharma

Senor

Senor:

Was thinking about that last night and again this morning - If our counts include the large 2nd wave to the dec low and the 2nd wave 2 off of the early Feb high (1-2 1-2) then everyone bails now or even worse on what would appear a small wave b up - looking for that c down to the 50 or 61.8% FIB that never comes!  How ironic is mr. market!

stu

agree amigo, if I went by pure wave counts I'd be 100% long here, but I am a chicken and am now 20% long, but my guts say a grande bullish surprise is possible here, as always DYODD

Senor

#107 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

very interesting to me that both elliott waves experts, senor and stubaby, think a surprise is possible right here. right now. and yes it would surprise alot of folks

dharma

#108 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

very interesting to me that both elliott waves experts, senor and stubaby, think a surprise is possible right here. right now. and yes it would surprise alot of folks

dharma

I currently plan on buyin weakness the next few trading daze if we get it

#109 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:52 PM

dharma

dharma:

It's the 5-wave up that gives us confidence - only in the sense that after a corrective sequence we will see another 5-wave up move - so buying any and all weakness now will be rewarded - at least short-term - and depending on the character of the second 5-wave advance maybe rewarded handsomely, and I will say, even those bearish on the larger ew pattern are looking higher here (in a wave b or B) over the medium-term, FWIW  Never any guarantees, but odds shifting this direction. 

stu

#110 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:10 AM

Sentiment, silver:gold ratios, and several other things suggest down but I am rather agnostic here