• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#521 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

merriman 6/26

Given that the August 21 solar eclipse at 28° Leo falls on President Trump’s natal Mars and Ascendant at 26-29° Leo, and also that the eclipse falls opposite Ms. Yellen’s natal Moon around 29° Aquarius, I think there is a cosmic argument that Trump and team will soon go after the Fed and its leadership. It won’t be hard to get the public’s support for this potential assault, just as the insightful Mr. Edwards points out. The great benefactor from this scenario could be Gold, for in this scenario, the next step will be to demand that the U.S. currency (maybe not the Federal Reserve Note) be backed in Gold and/or Silver. I suspect the U.S. Dollar would swoon at first, thus elevating the value of Gold. However, if the idea ever gets passed, the Dollar would then reverse strongly, which might have the opposite effect upon Gold. But that’s a story for some years down the road when the 22.5-year cycle low in Gold comes due (after 2020)

dharma

#522 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Thanks...

#523 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

I think gold is about to deliver 'the fat pitch'

aka  a fast swing down out of this triangle and then a sudden reversal UP that does not stop....

this will only work if the down part has a steep angle, is fast and scary....   

#524 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:21 PM

how far down? Sub 1000?

#525 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

aka  a fast swing down out of this triangle and then a sudden reversal UP that does not stop....

I have been looking for gold to go up into August, today's action may be invalidating that.  There is also trends for a big low around Feb. 2018, so that could be the final washout time that Armstrong has been writing about, the slingshot move down to be followed by a huge move up.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#526 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:17 AM

how far down? Sub 1000?

I think about 1082 assuming it is able to be that weak....

https://www.tradingv...r-gold-to-drop/

keep in mind that with these harmonic patterns, I have seen PLENTY of them that never make it to the terminal D point, and instead they start to take off higher much before and higher than the D point

in other news, the wild card is the North Korea Trump battle which appears to be heating up big time...   that is the wild card that will spike gold higher into orbit..  question is does it happen now, or from a much lower level

Edited by tradesurfer, 04 July 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#527 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

There is supposed to be huge key cycle date in August I forget if it is Gann, or Astro, or a Bradley or a combination. 

So there is the deal. Focus on the *quarterly* price chart of gold price.

The new quarterly bar is just being created now.  If we swing down HARD into Mid August that would put us in the middle of the quarter time wise and also make a huge red candle....

BUT that huge red candle can convert into a huge quarterly hammer candlestick IF we see a fast move higher back up to where we are now from mid August to end of September.

The seasonals seem to support this theory.

I have been looking for gold to go up into August, today's action may be invalidating that.  There is also trends for a big low around Feb. 2018, so that could be the final washout time that Armstrong has been writing about, the slingshot move down to be followed by a huge move up.

#528 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

I have been watching the Gold/Silver ratio (GSR) for a long while now waiting for potentially one more weekly high just above 76 to possibly complete a big ABC rally from the  Feb 2016 to early July, 2016 large 5 down decline. And this morning we are right now near 76.12 which is the exact area of a .618 retrace of that 5-wave weekly decline. So I am looking for a top in the ratio here and if correct a low in the metals soon. However, if we instead move strongly above this 76-76.30 area then that would likely support the case for perhaps much lower gold and silver prices. A very critical juncture here IMO

and of note the ratio bottomed that big 5 down on guess when? July 4 last yr, so might we one yr to the day later put in an ABC rally high? we will see

BSing away

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 04 July 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#529 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

I have been watching the Gold/Silver ratio (GSR) for a long while now waiting for potentially one more weekly high just above 76 to possibly complete a big ABC rally from the  Feb 2016 to early July, 2016 large 5 down decline. And this morning we are right now near 76.12 which is the exact area of a .618 retrace of that 5-wave weekly decline. So I am looking for a top in the ratio here and if correct a low in the metals soon. However, if we instead move strongly above this 76-76.30 area then that would likely support the case for perhaps much lower gold and silver prices. A very critical juncture here IMO

and of note the ratio bottomed that big 5 down on guess when? July 4 last yr, so might we one yr to the day later put in an ABC rally high? we will see

BSing away

Senor

In addition last July 4th marked Silver's exact spike high above 21 which was the rally high for the rally off the Dec 2015 4 yr bear market low, very interesting action one yr later

Senor

#530 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

i watch seasonal charts. there is a reason they are valid. seasonals can get distorted during periods. but it seems the market reverts back to them. in june arguably the world largest gold buyer bought 5 tons of gold . 5 tons. india was waiting to see what the gst tax would be . As of july 1 that is now a known entity http://economictimes...ow/59434894.cmsdiwali buying comes in in august

another thing that strikes me= germany and china have the largest trade surplus in the world. the usa has the largest trade deficit in the world.  will the usa devalue the dollar to make itself more competitive on the world stage??? i have read martys argument for the dollar to go through the roof. its a possibility , so is dollar devaluation! in fact both could happen!  in the short term anything can happen. in the intermediate to long term the picture is bright for gold

support is 1198-1220 .  it may or may not hold. in the short term . maybe one more flush is needed.  w/gold imports  of 5 tons i cut back my exposure. i am waiting on the buy side. lots of possibilities including geopolitics .w/maniacs ruling the world. 

to use a friends line

bsing away

dharma

Edited by dharma, 04 July 2017 - 10:38 AM.