wave 3??!!

• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#81 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:47 AM

i am thinking this is iv of c here and we are going to go down again on the gdx. if we are 

going to enter a wave 3, meaning everything since last august has been a wave 2 , then 

imo we should see a very strong week to the upside to kick it off with good volume

just my 2 cents fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#82 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

also if you look at a stock like aem which had good earning and had a big gap up 

it i believe is doing an abc with a c wave down to come . when i see that thing 

take off i will have a lot more confidence we are ready to go

#83 crossd

crossd

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:46 AM

Silver dramatic weakening says this economic expansion 95 months from 2009..may be ending..2nd longest only

to the 1990-2000 120 month expansion..

donc

#84 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

and like senor says maybe we have bottomed here which is fine with me either way its all good ha ha

#85 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

sure looks like the lows are in to me, now we will see what the market says

interesting point for silver:maybe the long in the tooth economic expansion is over. i think it is .  we will see inflation pick up. the speculators large/small got all lathered up in silver and the banksters took the other side, cot reflects that. . now the large/small specs  have cut their positions. so have the commercials.  silver is a pm but way different than gold. there is no anchor for silver=no cb holds silver

the emotional budda full moon is past.  

the roll over in the broad market will be worrisome , if it results in a crash. 

for now the nature of this rally in gold/miners will reveal alot.  i am positioned and will cut bait as we rise. but not for a while

dharma

#86 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

and like senor says maybe we have bottomed here which is fine with me either way its all good ha ha

no excuses, should be in a near term 3rd wave norte, have tightened stops considerably, nice to see GDXJ performimg better again, perhaps the crapola there is mostly over

Senor

#87 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

interesting point for silver:maybe the long in the tooth economic expansion is over. i think it is .  we will see inflation pick up. the speculators large/small got all lathered up in silver and the banksters took the other side, cot reflects that. . now the large/small specs  have cut their positions. so have the commercials.  silver is a pm but way different than gold. there is no anchor for silver=no cb holds silver

for now the nature of this rally in gold/miners will reveal alot.  i am positioned and will cut bait as we rise. but not for a while

dharma

whats REALLY interesting to me is the the S&P 500 eked out a new all time high on Tuesday (possible Dow 5th wave failure), it looks like a classic 5th wave with a big daily, weekly, and even potential monthly RSI divergences. This has a good chance to be an important top IMO, need to watch the stock market closely

Senor

#88 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

dharma

whats REALLY interesting to me is the the S&P 500 eked out a new all time high on Tuesday (possible Dow 5th wave failure), it looks like a classic 5th wave with a big daily, weekly, and even potential monthly RSI divergences. This has a good chance to be an important top IMO, need to watch the stock market closely

Senor

indeed!!!! this is where i am focused, the patterns, the divergences , the whole ball of wax is signalling an impending top  in the broad market.  we have some time if so and if and until there is a crash. i remember and this is from memory august 1987 was the highs, then october made lower highs giving a place to put stops just over the august highs,  then the market picked up steam going into the crash of oct 19.  i am a gold bug and i firmly expect gold to do amazing things, HOWEVER if the broad market crashes, gold will be sold along w/everything else.  i will get out of all but very long term core positions, and i might even hedge those.  if this happens, i have no doubt the fed will panic and that "slingshot move" marty talks about will occur. gold will sniff that out.    the broad market =the economy . it crumbles all will crumble.  i wont get into the bonds.here. (in the form of discussion)  

senor i believe we are entering treacherous waters. where the sharks gobble up all they can. sinclair said for a period of time in the gold parabolic the banksters were the only ones who made money.  the crash and reverse could happen so quickly that joe (you and me) are caught wrong or flat footed

dharma

#89 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

From armstrongs private blog (gold)>

"There is still no indication that gold is breaking out and we have not negated the potential to still drop and break beneath the $1,000 level. Keep in mind that we still face the potential of a major dollar rally and can blow the doors off of emerging market debt. The election of Macron sealed the fate of Europe, so there will be no reform and a stiff wind will blow over the continental banking system. In the middle of these type of crisis, that is when we can see gold first panic to the downside, set itself up for a slingshot, and then we will have the energy to breakout to the upside. So the buying opportunity remains a distinct possibility for the near future.

Technically, we can see that gold rallied to fade the Downtrend Line intraday. We have already elected two Weekly Bearish Reversals. A May close below 1245 will be technically bearish. However, the critical support lies at the 1202-1206 level and a monthly closing below 1206 will signal a serious break ahead."

ScreenShot20170511at8.51.27AM.png

#90 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

ok russ i do see 5 waves, but that is the beauty of wave counting, there are diverse ways to see something

on another note. the gdxj is set to rebalance on june 16. they will have to sell 4 billion of junior miners.  that is alot of stock and can and will create some buying opportunities . i found this perspective interesting

https://www.streetwi...om/pub/na/17429

https://katusaresear...ty-gold-stocks/

http://portfolios.mo...holdings?t=GDXJ

anyway it is interesting

dharma

smithy , you mention 6 guys calling for a low.  hardly  alot calling for a low.  and some of those guys are quite astute.

Darma, GDX bottomed on Thursday, tested the low into Tuesday and now on Wed the third wave up happened. I don't see any other way to see it.  

russ from the lowest point on that chart, which is in the center of that hourly  chart , i see 5 waves up

if the low is taken out , it wont matter/  since this mornings high, there is consolidation.  so we see what tomorrow 

brings

dharma

I see 5 waves up now too... ;)

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/