• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#291 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

yes, it looks like an inverse h&s pattern

if you put up a long term daily of the hui, we are right at the tl . my guess we break that,its what happens next that is of interest

dharma

#292 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Gang, watch the GSR here as it's declined to a key support area that has held since mid June - that level is at 74 plus or minus a bit, today's sharp GSR decline has taken it to 74.40 so we are testing that support. 74.39 is the last trade and 74.19 was recent decline low "so far"

Senor

#293 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

2v1p000.jpg

#294 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:11 AM

don't fully trust this rally and I see "possible" ending wave 'e" of bearish contracting triangles basis hourly charts (GDX and XAU) - if correct ONE more thrust down to buy so reduced longs back to 20% long - take out today's miner index/ETF highs by much and I get a lot more near term bullish. Keep in mind that the thrust down "if" we get it could be a very good point to buy below GDX 22.30 and XAU below 80.66 - not really that far away, as always DYDD

Senor

#295 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

lots of cross currents today w/all the news.  powell in as fed head,  its a political appointment ,say one thing do another. who knows what he will be as fed head????

waiting for the dust to settle . 

all the promises to help the middle class which in the end has gotten the fuzzy end of the stick . 

taxes = control

read my lips "no new taxes", oops sorry , well that cost him reelection. 

what i do know is this expansion, if that is what you want to call it , is very long in the tooth.   

oil starting to show some life. industrial metals on a tear.  golds day in the sun is not far away,  its a matter of a better entry.   which could be 100away.

miners are going to go from hated to loved. the metrics for valuing the sector will change, i saw it happen last time. will this time be different?

powell will change the trend of money velocity. its all a matter of time.  those mountains of debt will not just disappear.  they are pervasive

dharma 

#296 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

don't fully trust this rally and I see "possible" ending wave 'e" of bearish contracting triangles basis hourly charts (GDX and XAU) - if correct ONE more thrust down to buy so reduced longs back to 20% long - take out today's miner index/ETF highs by much and I get a lot more near term bullish. Keep in mind that the thrust down "if" we get it could be a very good point to buy below GDX 22.30 and XAU below 80.66 - not really that far away, as always DYDD

Senor

Abcde works...
1-2 1-2 works?

One more thrust could go much deeper imo as LT support would be taken out

#297 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

derivatives are the ticking time bomb

http://www.visualcap...alization-2017/

dharma

#298 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

Senor

Abcde works...
1-2 1-2 works?

highly unlikely IMO but one of course can rule nothing out, we see. Looks like sloppy/choppy/ugly bottoming action IMO in the miners. Silver looks pretty good IMO

Senor

#299 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

This signal is not completely confirmed but it looks likely , a low in gold/gld in late Nov. 

Edited by Russ, 02 November 2017 - 10:51 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#300 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:33 AM

Senor

Abcde works...
1-2 1-2 works?
highly unlikely IMO but one of course can rule nothing out, we see. Looks like sloppy/choppy/ugly bottoming action IMO in the miners. Silver looks pretty good IMO

Senor
Highlight unlikely being "much deeper"?