emerging wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

#491 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

bout what I expected, I more interested in seeing the aftermath of the tax plan passing - what happens the 5-days after in gold/miners and miners. IMO ultimately this horribly crafted deficit raiser will be bullish for the metals. intermediate to longer term. 

Senor

#492 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,200 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

As per my mid nov. forecast for gold futures (the gld chart showed a low around nov 20) to bottom in early Dec, it looks like it probably has bottomed now.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#493 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

The gold commercials have increased their short position by 13,500 contracts. This big a move in a week gave a system sell signal last Tues and the gold price slid all week. Putting it in other words, the commercials sold the crap out of the 1299 high last Monday; that big a short position can mean more downside to come. The hedgies and small specs have been buying enthusiastically (the other side of the comm's trade) and are usually wrong.

Silver comm shorts don't match gold's, and were reduced which is slightly bullish for silver.

#494 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:26 AM

today i think will tell a lot about gdx. by my wave count we sb close to THE bottom. so i want to see how it reacts today it will probably start out negative can it finish positive 

we will see my wave count just doesnt have room for a large decline from here in gdx. so any large declines from here and obviously i have the wrong count ha ha 

just watching i need to see gdx to close above 24 if it could do it this week that would be a real surprise for all of us i think

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#495 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

gdxj and slv both have hourly divergences from oversold gdx and gld do not

we are bottoming. or at least the action is indicating that 

exuberance in the broad market

dharma

very interesting potential SLV wave count, wave A down ended on Oct 6 at 16.42 - since then a wave B contracting tri ending on Nov 27, now a wave C thrust down below 15.42 and a bottom? we see, added a little GDXJ today

Senor

if I am correct about this SLV count of a possible "C" wave thrust down it should be done or perhaps an hourly 4/5 subdivision away for a potential key wave dos low basis daily/weekly charts, we see

BSing away

Senor

#496 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Divergences showing up.
Weird Hadik had a dec 8 high:inversion?

#497 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

once every 6 weeks or so i get together w/a friend. he does little investing and is not very knowledgeable in the investing world he started out the conversation , dharma "gold is never going to go up" this was music to my ears it means sentiment is reaching a level of despair not seen since the bottom of 15/16  and that is exactly where i think we are. it doesnt mean the market is set to embark on price appreciation, what it does mean is we are in the bottoming process which could end at any time. so my expectation is w/in the next 3 months or so we should begin to see the metals experience price appreciation.  the miners have lost significant ground vs gold . miners represent a more speculative part of the sector.   so ,its only a matter of time.  i do believe we will see another wave like late 15early 16 where the sector experiences price appreciation. 

dharma

#498 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:08 PM

i am tempted to buy but i will wait for confirmation . gdx above 24 works for me as a go 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#499 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

well was that as blue as the sky gets for the broad market!??? 

are these valuations  realistic?

what would happen if the day after the tax break we saw a reversal day????

just saying what if..............

dharma\

your guts may be right gann man!?

#500 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:17 AM

The weekly up sloping trend line support from 12/15/17 comes in at exactly spot $1264.1 today. Gold low so far, 1264.5.

It is a kiss so far.