• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:08 PM

Electricity and China won.

China has 421,000 electric buses. The United States has 300.

P.S. As backwards as the US has become, not sure anyone even knew there was a war.

(click on the buses for the rest of the story)

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

Do you mean coal buses?

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:03 PM

Do you mean coal buses?

No, electric buses.

Why China Is Transforming World Energy

Why China, and not the US, is the leader in solar power

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:04 PM

Where does the electricity come from? (Hint: the vast majority is produced from coal.)

Edited by hhh, 11 July 2019 - 07:05 PM.

#5 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:10 PM

ya some would like to believe electricity comes from a wall outlet. lol

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:10 PM

Where does the electricity come from? (Hint: the vast majority is coal.)

You posted too fast to have read those links. Hint: someday the vast, vast, vast majority is going to come from solar and other renewable energy sources. In China...

Short, short, short coal every chance you get and defend it no more.

#7 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:21 PM

Your own link states the fact that China's electricity production is two thirds fuelled by coal. I had already known of a figure in the 70% range. This is probably a good time to mention that solar panel production involves many environmentally nasty processes which is precisely why it happens predominantly in China where environmental standards are lax.

Edited by hhh, 11 July 2019 - 07:29 PM.