Bitcoin long term

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

I think he is right about a left translated 4yr cycle, which would follow with a prolonged bear market after the next cycle top. This video covers many aspects of the long term strategy, from asset allocation to risk management.

#2 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

to take a look at this halving cycle might be why my cycle is not great for a while not really taking off for about 40 then again 70 weeks.

There is a lowpoint at 17 weeks if it peaks in the next couple weeks might take some off for 4 months. Probably gold and silvers turn.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,595 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:51 AM

which vehicles do you guys trade when buying bit coin thanks

#4 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

I just have btc at coinbase, coinbasepro

#5 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:27 PM

which vehicles do you guys trade when buying bit coin thanks

I use the Greyscale trust: GBTC

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:41 AM

https://invst.ly/bzsz2

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:36 AM

Institutional investors don't invest in an asset that is expected to decline long term, so this new fund 

for institutional investors only, just strengthens the case for much higher prices going forward. 

#8 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

I saw an explanation that this institutional etf my temporarily hurt GTBC.

By the way GTBT premium range has been excellent for timing its at bottom of range now

but may make a lower range benchmark as GTBC becomes just retail.

Dont know if will end negatively with breakdown fake washout first to capitalize the BAKKT and new etfs for wallstreet preferred entry,

while btc in decending triangle that can oscillate a bit more time might be

a alt coin run I so wanted some Atom but got away overnight, +10% yesterday +20 today. I did fill in

some btc to alt cost averaging on Friday from a list of what should be best alts. Tezos is one and I've been doing a little ETC.

There is a news item that a new Franklin Templeton mutual will run its ledger on Lumens. Alot of stuff like that happening, Moneygram

stock trend is up since it announced using Ripple. But the alt coins not responding yet in decending bullish wedges vs. btc, bit by bit some

breaking out.

If federal budget was ever put on ledger, would cut crime and terror to nothing and thus tax rates to maybe down 90%.

My cycle will be on my thread, it is working on the longer low cycle that has been good fuel when it does turn its a big cycle and turn

can be a wide time range. Most people where thinking by now but I suspect it is wallstreet capitalizing their products on the cheap still.

Just want to be a aware a of a short fake washout from decending triangle first.

Edited by AChartist, 08 September 2019 - 07:31 AM.

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:08 AM

Cycle low, IHS rally looks started.

https://invst.ly/c7-g6

Edited by CLK, 12 September 2019 - 09:10 AM.

#10 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:54 AM

I have been looking into the cost difference between Coinbase and GBTC.  Here is the deal, GBTC is at a 20% premium to Bitcoin, but at these levels really doesn't matter much, if you sell Bitcoin at Coinbase, then everything over $201 is 1.49%, if Bitcoin were to reach 750k then that is over $11,000 in commissions, it gets worse if you wanted to trade in and out some. GBTC in your brokerage account would cost a flat $3.95 to trade, that's it. You won't be able to trade in globex or weekends, but that is a big savings. Now on CoinbasePro it's zero commission on limit orders, but here is the catch, your limit to sell cannot be higher than the current Bid price, and as price moves away you have to chase it, which can be thousands easily at 750k. I've tried it and most of the time I give up and just enter a market order.

I think it's a good idea to diversify and put some in GBTC as well as Coinbase or other exchange, that way you can trade all hours with some but have cheap cost on the other part.

Edited by CLK, 14 September 2019 - 10:00 AM.