Photo

Fearless Forecast Time ... Bottoms this week or Monday.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:23 PM

The bond market is smarter then the stock market - 10 year at 1.3%

The stock market has priced in the end of the world.  The last shoe to drop will be stopping domestic air travel but that won't be a surprise.   While infections and deaths will rise I think people understand what is going on.

Crazy down action ... REM - real estate down 35% today.  I bought 20% of the position I want.

Watch the news cycle.  They will burn out on the story soon.

Remember this 'Watch the Sky'

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#2 Bernie

Bernie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

new moon

#3 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:05 PM

new moon

You had me worried.  That is next week.

https://www.space.co...oon-phases.html

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:17 PM

The stock market has priced in the end of the world.  The last shoe to drop will be stopping domestic air travel but that won't be a surprise.   While infections and deaths will rise I think people understand what is going on.

Crazy down action ... REM - real estate down 35% today.  I bought 20% of the position I want.

The only thing I will say about watch the sky is that the earth is now way further away from the sky then it was a month ago so yes it may get closer but when you say "watch the sky" make sure you say it with a humble voice......

#5 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:36 PM

The only thing I will say about watch the sky is that the earth is now way further away from the sky then it was a month ago so yes it may get closer but when you say "watch the sky" make sure you say it with a humble voice......

The sky has stopped falling.

17_16

#6 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:37 PM

Thurs - This is the bounce.

Friday - down

17_16

#7 Ticker

Ticker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:30 PM

S&P 2140 next stop

#8 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:36 PM

Drop is 21 days old, 5 high numbers left in the 26 EMAs, then these start to drop quickly. This should put upward pressure on the MACD, I will be interested to see if this helps things. I have seen with these MACD trends its also about what numbers are falling off the averages, it seems to influence where the index can go next.

#9 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:13 PM

Posting before Sun. Futures ...

Monday ... 3/23 down in the morning.  This could be the capitulation day.  Closes off the lows if it is capitulation.  If it isn't capitulation then up.

Edited by Dex, 21 March 2020 - 06:14 PM.

17_16

#10 Waver

Waver

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:56 AM

Dex

Closes off the lows if it is capitulation. If it isn't capitulation then up.

Both scenarios is up?