GDP Collapse

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:09 AM

GDP collapsed by 4.8%. This is a huge number and points that 2nd QTR is going to be brutal. This is the real news and not some drug that likely will be of limited use for majority of people.

Sell everything? Is that a rational decision considering the complete idiocy and manipulation going on in the market?

Edited by linrom1, 29 April 2020 - 08:12 AM.

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:11 AM

To me it sounds like drinking Clorox will be as effective for crying out loud.swoon.gif   Maybe when they announce an actual vaccine I'll listen lol!!

#3 LMF

LMF

• Traders-Talk User
  • 801 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:17 AM

The market is first and last the greatest discounting mechanism on the planet. There is no other.....

#4 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:50 AM

Scaling in position shorts.

1/3 ES 2921

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#5 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:05 AM

When the election cycle kicks in and 2nd QTR GDP numbers are unveiled, I think all bets are going to be off.

#6 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:10 AM

The NYSE summation index will almost assuredly go above zero tomorrow.  Peaked at 1000+ at Jan expiry, bottomed two days after price low at minus 1250 ish.  Only 5 other times has the summation index dropped that fast.  1930's, 1938, 1974, 1978, and 1980.  All of those periods lasted much longer with negative summations in the minus 2200 range, so the one we had in March was the shortest since the 1920's.  They are going to be able to start selling the buy side to retail next week if we do not collapse the next 2.5 days.  AAII grossly negative, Inverse shorting record dollars invested, Larry Williams Video on 50% retracement bottom still confirmed, record levels of cash on the side lines, record flows out of equities, record long accumulation by commercial hedgers, VIX dropping like a stone day after day after day and those put options paying every day.  LOL, just some positives since not one positive word on CNN headline news this morning.

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:27 AM

you guys do realize NDX is only about 50 points away from new all time monthly closing high tomorrow.....and is in the process of printing massive Monthly Bullish Engulfing after long tailed spike candle in Feb....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:37 AM

The NYSE summation index will almost assuredly go above zero tomorrow.  Peaked at 1000+ at Jan expiry, bottomed two days after price low at minus 1250 ish.  Only 5 other times has the summation index dropped that fast.  1930's, 1938, 1974, 1978, and 1980.  All of those periods lasted much longer with negative summations in the minus 2200 range, so the one we had in March was the shortest since the 1920's.  They are going to be able to start selling the buy side to retail next week if we do not collapse the next 2.5 days.  AAII grossly negative, Inverse shorting record dollars invested, Larry Williams Video on 50% retracement bottom still confirmed, record levels of cash on the side lines, record flows out of equities, record long accumulation by commercial hedgers, VIX dropping like a stone day after day after day and those put options paying every day.  LOL, just some positives since not one positive word on CNN headline news this morning.

I don't see public jumping in at all, I think that as soon as they recover big chunk of what they lost, they'll be gone forever. There is a reason why Nikkei is at 20k and not 200k.

I understand that Martin Armstrong thinks that all global capital flows lead to US, but, what if that doesn't happen? After all, when Rome fell, it's not like Romans were investing in Germania.

Edited by linrom1, 29 April 2020 - 10:43 AM.

#9 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:40 AM

My observation started with an article about a woman who was mad now that her boss asked her to return to work with the state opening back up, because the government was going to provide her with COVID money. In other words free money for not working. Likewise the Fed if things continue to show bad economic numbers will continue to pump money into the companies and the market. So bad numbers = good, as perverse as it may be. That having been said SPX is at 61.8% retrace now will it hesitate?

#10 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 10:43 AM

Average Short improved to ES 2925 1/3 position trade 

I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.