4 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

Finally got it.

Guess what I'm going to do with it?

I'm going to apply it to my June quarterly estimated tax payment and send it back.

This is how you run an economic recovery.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:37 AM

Finally got it.

I'm going to apply it to my June quarterly estimated tax payment and send it back.

I thought you'd have been too rich to get one just from betting against coal a few years ago. Single filers upper limit is "just" $99k a year.

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:37 AM

I am in the boat! My entire stimulus check is going back to IRS to pay remaining 2019 tax due.

But 2020 will be better for me because I stopped RMD using of the temporary relief law for year 2020.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:40 AM

I thought you'd have been too rich to get one just from betting against coal a few years ago. Single filers upper limit is "just" $99k a year.

If he received stimulus check, it does NOT mean he is not rich. It could mean his income is tax sheltered. Such as muni's.

Keep in mind, stimulus check is based on AGI, not gross income.

Edited by pdx5, 20 May 2020 - 07:40 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

Finally got it.

You are officially getting my award for being the biggest jackass on this forum.