Gold and Silver to below 2001 lows, Pretchter Dec Theorist

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 01:04 PM

The wave structure in the GPSI is an accurate indication of the blended precious metals price action. Primary wave 3 of Cycle wave c down started on August 7, 2020 and will draw the GPSI below $369.94 before it terminates, which is the wave a low in 2001. It’s also important to recognize that the 1970s, when the GPSI experienced its most robust gains, was a period of persistent rises in the PPI and CPI. The last four decades have featured very modest rises in those measures. Outright deflation should accompany the GPSI’s next period of decline in wave c. As credit deflation intensifies during the next bear market in stocks, gold and silver prices should fall below their 2001 lows.

I am going to be very rich? LOL. That's way to get subscribers?

Edited by linrom1, 17 December 2020 - 01:07 PM.

#2 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 08:30 AM

The wave structure in the GPSI is an accurate indication of the blended precious metals price action. Primary wave 3 of Cycle wave c down started on August 7, 2020 and will draw the GPSI below $369.94 before it terminates, which is the wave a low in 2001. It’s also important to recognize that the 1970s, when the GPSI experienced its most robust gains, was a period of persistent rises in the PPI and CPI. The last four decades have featured very modest rises in those measures. Outright deflation should accompany the GPSI’s next period of decline in wave c. As credit deflation intensifies during the next bear market in stocks, gold and silver prices should fall below their 2001 lows.

I am going to be very rich? LOL. That's way to get subscribers?

I’d like to see Prechter’s count on the US Dollar. Not always like this, but dollar down = stocks and gold up and the US Dollar has a long way down, me thinks.

gis
If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#3 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:41 PM

WOW what a forecast.

I keep pivoting my bullishness and bearishness in the metals.

Honestly it is quite tiring.  I want to be a mega bull in Silver and likely will but only if silver can get above 26 and change and more preferably 27

on the other hand Peter van metre keeps talking about the record record spec shorts in the dollar and bonds , usually it does not pay to join such a massive crowded trade.

David hunter has been calling for 4500 in sp500 as final top , and then that will be it as a multi decade permanent high, followed by a massive deflation and 50 to 80% decline in stocks.  Peter van metre also saying deflation will be massive, recession, metals go down, oil go down, and the big bankers crash stocks.

as far as gold going to 2001 lows.. GEEZ that is a WILD WILD market call really crazy....  the only way I can see that door of possibility to be start to be open is if on the YEARLY gold price chart we just double topped.... we need to see the YEARLY price bar close on the gold price.

#4 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 01:27 AM

prechter made one good call years ago. anyone listening to him since is broke imo

#5 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:16 PM

But he is rich with his monthly membership subscription

#6 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:04 AM

good i dont want him to be a bull. but we sure have an interesting market here today just observing 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#7 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 09:20 AM

and he is so full of it that is not technical analysis at all. very poor on his part

feeling mellow with the yellow metal