the equinox marks the turn in the pm sector "a new leg higher"

• Please log in to reply
2864 replies to this topic

#1541 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:50 AM

Tim Bost on Presavento said yesterday that gold is a sell now and a buy on 11/1. He said it's going to bottom today and tomorrow? It is a short on 10/27 -10/29 for modest 2% gain.

#1542 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 09:53 AM

om gdxj looking for 42.5 which is a .38 retrace of the leg up 

if it holds that area and take out 45 i believe we have a nice run coming

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1543 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:16 AM

i get the hanke-cofinas gold sentiment indicator  i dont know what to make of if?????

it all boils down to the fed. it meets next week. it is ripe and primed to make a mistake. the broad market is priced to perfection.  anything they do will most probably cause a correction. if they sit pat , then inflation will continue to accelerate .  they are behind the curve.    back in the day , it took volcker quite some time to get in front of the curve, and 

that was not what killed the gold bull. having experienced the gold bull of the 70s , from 78 forward, i would think raising rates or tapering would be bullish for gold. bearish for the broad market .   my guess a policy era is in the cards. 

dharma

i read someone who thinks an attack on the southern flank of the usa is in the cards.   i have no idea.

#1544 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,467 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:17 AM

bulls tryin' to setup another run at 169.........

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1545 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,467 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:36 AM

GLD 5 min still looking more bullish than bearish as it keeps holding right where it needs to as it climbs the stairs out of the basement

gld.png

And 3 min chart still bullish as long as those 3 bottoms continue to hold...

gld.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#1546 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,467 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:39 AM

IF GLD can clear 168.75 one more time here shortly, then likely 169 would get taken as well...

#1547 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,467 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:52 AM

Gold Euro 4 hour still looking more bullish than bearish with 200 now kinking up above now rising 900...

This is what the laws of mathematics require to happen early in a bull run....

IF it can consolidate the break above 1540 and then push out over the triple top around 1560, then may finally be set free from those nasty bears

xe.png

#1548 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:59 AM

here is a treasure trove of charts.   https://www.crescat....recious-metals/  tavi costa  is the real deal

dharma

Edited by dharma, 28 October 2021 - 11:01 AM.

#1549 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:58 PM

i am not doing anything in this sector until after the employment report on nov 5. the cot last week 

was lousy they were piling into shorts. if gdxj 42.5 or 41.6 can hold then i think we will rally up to gdxj 55 area fwiw

feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#1550 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,467 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 07:51 AM

looking like 4 hour pivot resistance still holding on Gold....

Below 1780 again and bulls could possibly still have some trouble on their hands...

Edited by K Wave, 29 October 2021 - 07:51 AM.