Sept. Selling Just Started Today?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 12:13 PM

The intra-day NYMO indicator now is in negative ........................

The only thing that counts is when trades are evened up at the end of the daily session...intraday is useless analytically.

Emotionally? Sure....it's a crutch.

Fib

Unless bulls are able to organize a late day push-up as usual, the intra-day data should be reflected in the daily after close  .....................

Maybe...but longer term, does it really mean anything with respect to the actual dynamics that push prices in one direction or the other?

One needs to understand what an indicator reflects as an insight before putting it on a pedestal as something that may (or could) indicate a change in trend.

Fib

Depending on your time-frame for trading I found this intra-day indicator is very helpful in my ST trading.  It's especially useful at a potential turning point such as today ........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 03 September 2021 - 12:14 PM.

#12 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 01:02 PM

The intra-day NYMO indicator now is in negative ........................

The only thing that counts is when trades are evened up at the end of the daily session...intraday is useless analytically.

Emotionally? Sure....it's a crutch.

Fib

Unless bulls are able to organize a late day push-up as usual, the intra-day data should be reflected in the daily after close  .....................

Maybe...but longer term, does it really mean anything with respect to the actual dynamics that push prices in one direction or the other?

One needs to understand what an indicator reflects as an insight before putting it on a pedestal as something that may (or could) indicate a change in trend.

Fib

Depending on your time-frame for trading I found this intra-day indicator is very helpful in my ST trading.  It's especially useful at a potential turning point such as today ........................

Agreed...glad it's working for you!

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 02:21 PM

FEDEX must be scraping bottom of barrel to find employees who can read.

This week was the first time in 4 decades, FEDEX mis-delivered my package!

Good thing my neighbor was nice enough to ring my bell and hand me the package containing medications.

And I ordered a small fence of black aluminum 4 weeks ago, and the fence contractor can't say when he will get the materials.

People are just happy collecting unemployment. Work ethic is dead in America.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 08:17 PM

the wonderful wall of worry remains intact even after 12 years and 30k pts......watch the sky 675 ono

#15 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 03 September 2021 - 09:49 PM

the wonderful wall of worry remains intact even after 12 years and 30k pts......watch the sky 675 ono

HAHAHAHA I know Cheif you are a good trader, but did you forget SPX was at 1530 on March 1st, 2007, and crashed to 735 on Dec 8th, 2008? Of course not. I am just as old as you and I know memory is the 2nd thing which goes juggle.gif

Point is market can drop by huge % points, and it has happened again and again.

100 years from now SPX will be at 100,000. But that is not going to happen in a straight line.

Edited by pdx5, 03 September 2021 - 09:54 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#16 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 09:30 AM

Update:  As of the close of Friday internals analysis did not confirm a turn here, so expect this dip to be bought as usual ...............................

#17 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 09:23 AM

Update:  SPX entered a ST correction mode by the close Tuesday, Sept 7.  ST let's see if SPX 4475 can hold ....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 08 September 2021 - 09:31 AM.

#18 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 02:07 PM

If SPX 4475 support is lost by the close today I'd expect the 50 dma at 4425 to be tested next week ..........................