42 replies to this topic

#11 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 06:26 AM

q.s gonna cook allright      watch the sky

https://www.siliconi...?msgid=33645942

If the Fed turns around and keeps QE going, I am definitely all in. But if the funny money is ending and the Fed is actively sucking up money, I'll take a few month break for better prices thank you.  Watching for the sky 100% of the time is nice if you're purely buying and holding though... just sucks if you put the bulk in at the beginning of 2000 or end of 2007 although most stocks recovered in a few years, except for something like MVIS I guess. That's still down like 99% from 2000 lows, let alone highs. 

Its on Bloomberg, they already had a preliminary hearing for more stimulus. What the heck, its only money. (JMHO)

I think that's going to be my new mantra for the capital markets, What the heck, its only money!."

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 06:50 AM

The bond market seeing it otherwise ..................

#13 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 08:24 AM

q.s gonna cook allright      watch the sky

https://www.siliconi...?msgid=33645942

If the Fed turns around and keeps QE going, I am definitely all in. But if the funny money is ending and the Fed is actively sucking up money, I'll take a few month break for better prices thank you.  Watching for the sky 100% of the time is nice if you're purely buying and holding though... just sucks if you put the bulk in at the beginning of 2000 or end of 2007 although most stocks recovered in a few years, except for something like MVIS I guess. That's still down like 99% from 2000 lows, let alone highs. 

Its on Bloomberg, they already had a preliminary hearing for more stimulus. What the heck, its only money. (JMHO)

I heard the exact opposite, that the Fed was going to suck up money for a while by selling bonds so that they can avoid having to raise rates much?

Theyt're feeling around. If we are underestimating COVID  damage to economy. who knows.

#14 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:19 AM

The FED is pumping like crazy to hold down interest rates.  Ignore what they say, just look at the result of what they're doing.  The highest yielding treasury is only 2% in a 10% inflation environment.  That's a negative 8% yield.  They can pontificate about tapering all they want, but until they let the market set interest rates, they're  pumping, Given the current high inflation rate and low treasury yields, they're pumping really hard.  As my old high school basketball coach used to say, watch their feet, not their head.  Ignore the pronouncements until they walk their talk, 

Regards,

Douglas

#15 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:22 AM

The FED is pumping like crazy to hold down interest rates.  Ignore what they say, just look at the result of what they're doing.  The highest yielding treasury is only 2% in a 10% inflation environment.  That's a negative 8% yield.  They can pontificate about tapering all they want, but until they let the market set interest rates, they're  pumping, Given the current high inflation rate and low treasury yields, they're pumping really hard.  As my old high school basketball coach used to say, watch their feet, not their head.  Ignore the pronouncements until they walk their talk, 

Regards,

Douglas

Well they can't let interest rates go up too much or everything will crash. A few more years and things might be getting really bad with the Fed's inability to do anything.

#16 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:05 AM

brucekeller, when a party is really jumping, no one wants to turn the music down.  If you try, everyone will scream at you to crank it back up.  It's only when the cops show up and start checking ID's that folks sober up enough to quieten things down a bit.  The cops used to be the bond vigilantes, but they are all as dead as doornails, buried deep under the avalanche of funny money from the FED/Treasury amalgamation.  Until some new straight shooting cop shows up on the money scene, this party is going to keep on cranking. For the life of me, I can't even think who that cop might be and when the fat lady might sing.  You'd think foreign buyers of the so called reserve currency would be up in arms, but they just turn a blind, jealous eye.  It's a lawless land in funny money country with no sheriff in sight.

Regards,

Douglas

#17 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:11 AM

I'm kinda wondering if we are going to see a shift here.  You've got Rumble, Gettr, Duck duck go all getting more and more popular all the time.  More and more people are starting to understand big tech and leaving, anyone think we could see a big shift this year?? 

#18 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:14 AM

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=small

#19 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 11:26 AM

I'm kinda wondering if we are going to see a shift here.  You've got Rumble, Gettr, Duck duck go all getting more and more popular all the time.  More and more people are starting to understand big tech and leaving, anyone think we could see a big shift this year?? 

I think enough people have become aware that google modifies your search results based on how they want to push a narrative, so that will cost them a few.  I coincidentally just posted something similar to your thoughts earlier today on twitter. 

#20 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 03:32 PM

45brz1ztbzv41.png