Photo

I love Dr Doom

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 07:44 PM

To bad he is ostracized form main stream media

Dr Doom : Fed Taper Will Fail - Marc Faber

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 08:20 PM

This bubble is bigger than even the Tulips bubble. It is pumped up by negative interest rates, interest rates 10 times lower than real inflation. First we had the internet bubble in stocks. Then we had the housing bubble. This time it a combined bubble with stocks and real-estate. It will be a 9.0 on the Richter scale when this bubble is pricked.

Edited by pdx5, 09 January 2022 - 08:23 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 08:55 PM

Can't criticize the government as long as the Democrats are in control. The communists that run the big social media sites have said no to that.

On the other hand. Faber talks about the economic pain that is directed to the little guy (the average people, many of whom are hourly workers and don't have anything near the economic means that a lot of readers of this site have). First hand experience just about an hour ago. After dinner, wife and I stopped at a grocery store on the way home to buy some cube steak that was on sale for $5.00 per pound (discounted from $8.00 per pound). Wife complained that, as early as the early part of 2020, the sale price was $1.98 per pound. Bought a beef tenderloin before Christmas, 9.87 pounds cost $168.07 ON SALE and was discounted $5.00 per pound. Last Christmas for almost the same exact weight and with, what were at the time elevated prices, paid $116.85.

Meanwhile, look at Live Cattle Futures. Friday's close was around 7.4% above the January 2020 peak area before the initial Covid drop. So if beef is up 50%-100% at the retail level, then why aren't the growers making any more money. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of cows available for slaughter. Corporate America is raising a lot (not all, but a lot) of prices simply because they can. They have a good excuse and are getting away with it. I cal it PPP, Pathetic Pandemic Profiteering!

#4 brucekeller

brucekeller

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 11:53 PM

One just needs to look at the first time we tried to taper. Took until QE4... and this QE makes the 2008 QE look like a squirt gun.  They'll probably try to taper a few times and have a 20% correction and need to back off, rinse and repeat until 2026. Then in 2030 they'll QE again or something. 

#5 hhh

hhh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 10:44 AM

Speaking of doom, this is an interesting article on food supply chains. It's a very complex system. https://theconservat...ce/#more-224775

#6 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 11:29 AM

i love the way he talks ha ha. you could see him saying . and now the world is falling apart. i told you so ha ha ha

then i would laugh my {bleeeep} off 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal