Jump to content



Photo

Spain Downgrades Pandemic to a Flu

Cov. Death rates decreased

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

    Member

  • Traders-Talk User
  • 6,616 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:37 PM

The Spanish government is preparing a fundamental change in strategy with regard to the corona pandemic. Accordingly, the Covid 19 virus will in future be classified as ordinary flu because mortality rates have decreased significantly in recent months. Numerous studies meanwhile also indicate that the Omikron variant is a comparatively harmless variant of the virus. In Germany, for example, hospital admissions and ventilation are falling significantly, although the number of cases is increasing sharply.

The change in strategy therefore includes a reassessment of the collection of data and its assessment and evaluation. The method used for this in the future should be similar to that used today for flu.

"We have the conditions to open the debate gradually and as a precaution at the technical and European level in order to evaluate the development of this disease using different parameters than before," said Sánchez in an interview with the radio station Cadena SER, from which the blog Tichy's Insight cited.

Tichy's insight continues: “It is a debate that we are already trying to open on a European level. The health minister herself has spoken to various European health ministers, ”added Sánchez. The lethality fell from 13 percent in the first wave to 1 percent. The prime minister predicted that the current wave would peak in mid-January. Then the curve would fall.

 

 

https://deutsche-wir...6876faca1308b42


"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong



http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#2 hhh

hhh

    Member

  • Traders-Talk User
  • 701 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 12:49 PM

Did you know the UK downgraded Covid from a HCID (High Consequence Infectious Disease) back on March 19, 2020?  "They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.”

 

 https://www.bmj.com/.../bmj.n314/rr-11



#3 Russ

Russ

    Member

  • Traders-Talk User
  • 6,616 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 01:37 PM

Did you know the UK downgraded Covid from a HCID (High Consequence Infectious Disease) back on March 19, 2020?  "They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall), and there is now greater clinical awareness and a specific and sensitive laboratory test, the availability of which continues to increase.”

 

 https://www.bmj.com/.../bmj.n314/rr-11

Death rate of 5515406 deaths worldwide is 0.069642455562482% of 7919603000 humans alive world-wide. So approximately a .07% death rate was enough to seriously damage the economy from lockdowns. 


Edited by Russ, 11 January 2022 - 01:39 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong



http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#4 pdx5

pdx5

    I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

  • Traders-Talk User
  • 8,193 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 02:59 PM

Those 0.07% who died from covid might think it was serious, but the other 99.93% do not.


"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 brucekeller

brucekeller

    Member

  • Traders-Talk User
  • 994 posts

Posted 11 January 2022 - 10:53 PM

Those 0.07% who died from covid might think it was serious, but the other 99.93% do not.

 

The vast majority were on their last months in nursing homes. Didn't exactly kill .07% of young healthy people.  It did completely screw over the lives of many poor people. People like me were fine, I just worked from home. Will only take a generation to recover from for the lower classes.  Good thing the middle and upper classes only got wealthier. 



#6 K Wave

K Wave

    Member

  • Traders-Talk User
  • 9,649 posts

Posted 13 January 2022 - 09:15 AM

 

Those 0.07% who died from covid might think it was serious, but the other 99.93% do not.

 

The vast majority were on their last months in nursing homes. Didn't exactly kill .07% of young healthy people.  It did completely screw over the lives of many poor people. People like me were fine, I just worked from home. Will only take a generation to recover from for the lower classes.  Good thing the middle and upper classes only got wealthier. 

 


The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy