After Bear Market Bounce - new 2022 LOWS

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 10:03 AM

A record week, finishing net short, looking for new 2022 lows after this bounce fades away.

While the military situation can create LIMIT DOWN or UP moves, and a LIMIT DOWN is possible later today, the 

fact is SENTIMENT, with other technical & fundamental factors determine the overlying market direction. 

PEACE TALKS can create LIMIT UP

Ukraine agreed to talks with Russia “without preconditions,” even as Vladimir Putin further raised tensions by putting nuclear forces on alert.

Sunday, February 27, 2022 9:14 AM EST

Details of exactly when the meeting would take place or who would participate were not immediately clear.

OF course, in the long run we are all dead, and if there is any risky nuclear situation then all bets are off and the markets are insignificant in such an environment. 

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 10:05 AM

Then there is the other side: LIMIT DOWN with news such as this. But, unless there is a global war, then ultimately the market conditions, technical, fundamentals determine direction:

PUTIN: ORDERS MILITARY COMMAND TO PUT NUCLEAR DETERRENCE FORCES ON HIGH ALERT AFTER AGGRESSIVE STATEMENTS BY NATO COUNTRIES

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 10:06 AM

A LEHMAN moment? Possible, but we have not as yet reached that level of risk:

Coming up on

tomorrow Will Russia Default on Its Debt and Is The Possibility of Contagion Around the Corner - Do We Face a Lehman Moment?

Then there is the other side: LIMIT DOWN with news such as this. But, unless there is a global war, then ultimately the market conditions, technical, fundamentals determine direction:

PUTIN: ORDERS MILITARY COMMAND TO PUT NUCLEAR DETERRENCE FORCES ON HIGH ALERT AFTER AGGRESSIVE STATEMENTS BY NATO COUNTRIES

DKiAL2yi_bigger.jpg

Coming up on tomorrow Will Russia Default on Its Debt and Is The Possibility of Contagion Around the Corner - Do We Face a Lehman Moment?

Edited by dTraderB, 27 February 2022 - 10:08 AM.

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 10:08 AM

But, there is hope, wild swings in hope & despair, maybe by 6pm Sunday when Futures open most of the fog will clear:

During a phone call with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, President Volodymyr Zelensky agreed that the Ukrainian delegation would meet with the Russian delegation without preconditions on the Ukrainian-Belarusian border, near the Pripyat River.

#5 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:13 PM

Closing 1 NQ HEDGE SHORT

Holding QQQ PUTS, & stocks/ETF: TWTR, INDA, XLF

Will 1 NQ HEDGE LONG at 13700 or lower

#6 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:22 PM

BULLs bidding up FUTURES, be bold,, send it up another 50 NQ points for me to sell 

6 lots

When I was taking hang gliding lessons many years ago, the rule for newbies was, "Never fly higher than you're willing to fall." The corollary in investing is, don't own something you don't want to get stuck in.
Quote Tweet

DatDDdG3_mini.jpg

Fabrizio Goria
@FGoria
· 1h
RUSSIAN CENTRAL BANK ORDERS MARKET PLAYERS TO REJECT FOREIGN CLIENTS' BIDS TO SELL RUSSIAN SECURITIES FROM 0400 GMT ON FEB 28 — CENTRAL BANK DOCUMENT SEEN BY REUTERS

When I was taking hang gliding lessons many years ago, the rule for newbies was, "Never fly higher than you're willing to fall." The corollary in investing is, don't own something you don't want to get stuck in.
Quote Tweet

DatDDdG3_mini.jpg

Fabrizio Goria
@FGoria
· 1h
RUSSIAN CENTRAL BANK ORDERS MARKET PLAYERS TO REJECT FOREIGN CLIENTS' BIDS TO SELL RUSSIAN SECURITIES FROM 0400 GMT ON FEB 28 — CENTRAL BANK DOCUMENT SEEN BY REUTERS

#7 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 06:37 PM

Wow that was quite the open out for a nice 100 point profit at 4270!!  Likely start my short build higher, this is one of those times you just wanna watch and see what happens before starting to rebuild a great trade.  At this point and nukes I'd rather be short lol!! 

#8 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:21 PM

Great weekend trade !
I am shorting rallies, at least until I end tonight's trading...

I may trade until after midnight

Wow that was quite the open out for a nice 100 point profit at 4270!!  Likely start my short build higher, this is one of those times you just wanna watch and see what happens before starting to rebuild a great trade.  At this point and nukes I'd rather be short lol!! 

#9 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,711 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:22 PM

6 lots  +237.25 points

Will short rallies tonight 

BULLs bidding up FUTURES, be bold,, send it up another 50 NQ points for me to sell 

6 lots

Quote Tweet

DatDDdG3_mini.jpg

Fabrizio Goria

@FGoria
· 1h

Quote Tweet

DatDDdG3_mini.jpg

Fabrizio Goria

@FGoria
· 1h

#10 orange

orange

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 08:49 PM

6 lots  +237.25 points

I've been buying the lows lol...There's enough range for us to both make money.

"When your position is underwater, average down" - Professional Trader