seems its time for a new thread. war markets are treacherous

• Please log in to reply
4036 replies to this topic

#1821 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 03:08 PM

when the fed pivots its game on , until then there will be pressure.   thats my 2c

dharma

#1822 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 03:58 PM

Senor learning the patience game (never too old to learn!), almost all commods gettin whacked. Remember several weeks ago I commented on clean big 5 waves d0wn in COPX and FCX - we had the B waves are are now well into BIG C's down IMO. Lots of miner stuff made new lows since 2020 top today. Did a small bit of buying today in miners, URA and one oiler as well. About 5% long, being very careful and looking to leg into "extremes". as always DYODD

Senor

#1823 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,956 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 04:01 PM

we are correcting a 55 month up move gld is holding great it is

nowhere near its low of mar 2021 once gld goes thru 176 it is going to fly

and it will i am sure of that and it will soon 

always make me nervous when someone says they are "sure of that". Never be "sure" of anything is my motto, being cautious last few weeks have been the smart move. Just my take

Senor

#1824 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 05:06 PM

when the fed pivots its game on , until then there will be pressure.   thats my 2c

dharma

It's nice to know that all it takes is 1.25% Fed Funds rate, 3% interest on US10 and commodity price suppression to bring down inflation. Nice plan, but what about the farmers?

#1825 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 06:54 PM

Senor learning the patience game (never too old to learn!), almost all commods gettin whacked. Remember several weeks ago I commented on clean big 5 waves d0wn in COPX and FCX - we had the B waves are are now well into BIG C's down IMO. Lots of miner stuff made new lows since 2020 top today. Did a small bit of buying today in miners, URA and one oiler as well. About 5% long, being very careful and looking to leg into "extremes". as always DYODD

Senor

5% long? Be bold, stay sold!

Did gold double top? Enquiring minds...

maybe inflation was a flash in the pan the govts around the world want to blow sh*t up now

#1826 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:42 PM

you may think i am joking but What If the Inflation narrative was a ruse and major headfake?

#1827 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:54 PM

you may think i am joking but What If the Inflation narrative was a ruse and major headfake?

or not a ruse exactly but a flash in the pan or a sleight of hand?

#1828 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 23 June 2022 - 11:18 PM

Armstrong predicted the inflation we see now and it is not over, he says it will go into 2024. Oil over 200 next year and oil is the primary driver of inflation because our civilization runs on it largely. The old high on the crb in 2007 should easily be taken out but perhaps some corrective activity will happen before that. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#1829 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 01:36 AM

Armstrong predicted the inflation we see now and it is not over, he says it will go into 2024. Oil over 200 next year and oil is the primary driver of inflation because our civilization runs on it largely. The old high on the crb in 2007 should easily be taken out but perhaps some corrective activity will happen before that. 

Thanks Russ.

i would not rule that out.

#1830 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 24 June 2022 - 05:43 AM

the commodities were in bear markets for years. they are just starting their run imo 

feeling mellow with the yellow metal