Photo

This number excludes all possibity of transient inflation. (EOM)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 07:38 AM

eom

#2 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 07:51 AM

whats hanging relatively tough is Bitdog, only down $175 and well off its low so far. 

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 07:53 AM

Secretary of Treasury Yellen said this is just transitory inflation.

Chairman Powell of the FED (who is supposed to guard US dollar) said this is just transitory inflation.

I think we are screwed. Our leaders are obviously incompetent. Get ready for everything costing more for months and years.

Only good way to solve inflation is increase supply of goods & services. Printing money out of thin air will have opposite effect. The longer FED waits going full Volcker, the longer inflation will last. 

Edited by pdx5, 13 July 2022 - 07:57 AM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 08:21 AM

They will only cost more if they decide to gouge, need to look at actual commodities!  I hate to agree with Cramer but I said it before him as I saw overall commodities coming down way before and some of them are crashing.  Gas is down almost a $1 for unleaded, soybeans, cotton, wheat all back to 2021 levels.  Does this mean things are going to slow down you bet, are we nearing the end of interest rate hikes yup, always have to watch ground level stuff not what's reported especially by the media today!! 

#5 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 08:56 AM

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 08:59 AM

They all have long covid, bahahaha!! 

#7 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:08 AM

Canada+100 Bips!! Wassup Gentleman Jay??? The Canadian economy can handle 100 bips but we can not?

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,583 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:37 AM

No they cannot handle it, just watch how fast the economy starts crashing and housing see's a massive sell off in this everything bubble. Do believe this will be the last increase though, They will be shocked when the data starts showing a slowdown.  The average mortgage in canada right now is $600,000 so mortgage payments are going to be up around an extra $1500 plus now on a variable.  I'm not up on that btw just going by what an economist said up here when they did the first increase about what it will cost for after tax income.  Problem with the people in office in canada and the states is they seriously want us to have to rely on them but I know in the end things will change but were gonna be flat for a few years to come.  For the stockmarket, about the same, grind baby grind, the everything bubble is slowly deflating.... 

#9 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:42 AM

They're buying it, i bought some KLAC. about een now. (JMHO)

#10 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:49 AM

what I'm getting here is that they are ignoring the nube and concentrating on earnings. Other economists are noting that in Mid June commodities started to rollover. Rent is a lagging indicator of course, and owner equivalent is really high, including the personal residence component it accounts for 31% of the CPI.