125 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:42 PM

Helene Meisler (@hmeisler) tweeted at 7:46 am on Sat, Dec 10, 2022:
Good Saturday Morning Chart Fans!

The only theme this week is the CPI and the FOMC. Because the charts are doing what they have done all year: stop at resistance and find support when things get oversold & too bearish

------

Thanks to HELENE for the THEME. 

BEARS finally got it down on Friday after a fairly dull week. 

FED and another inflation report this week and then the BULLS will rally it to the end of the year. 

Can there be a FED surprise? 50bps hike is baked in ... 25bps each next 2 months... QT continues

My FF is the FED raises 50bs this week, may again express concern about persistent inflation, repeat they depend on data ahead before decisions are made etc etc blah blah blah 

Personally, I prefer the markets go down so I can open  LONGS at much lower price.  And, then I am gone for the year, rest and be ready for what could be a wild January 2023. 

I have a some LONGS now - AMZN, AAPL, GOOGL, a few QQQ & SPY CALLS,  TLT and UVXY CALLS -- may close UVXY CALLS if market drops  

NO HEDGEs as yet. 

I am almost done for the year, am spending more time on business into early January and back to almost full-time trading. 

#2 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:48 PM

I think it is almost impossible and not worth the time and effort to try to forecast 2003 SPX levels.... but some people are doing it

https://realinvestme...-price-targets/

#3 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,455 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 05:57 PM

This was their forecast for 2022 SPX 

and the winner is... MS 4400

nearest to SPX today 

but who knows?? SPX could rally to 4700 by December 31st 2022!

Happy New Year! Your 2022 S&P 500 forecasts:
Oppenheimer 5330
BMO 5300
DB 5250
CS 5200
GS 5100
JPM 5050
RBC 5050
Citi 4900
UBS 4850
Cantor 4800
Barclays 4800
Wells 4715
Bofa 4600
MS 4400

I think it is almost impossible and not worth the time and effort to try to forecast 2003 SPX levels.... but some people are doing it

https://realinvestme...-price-targets/

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:11 AM

Could be big day for Apple today...getting real compressed...Bulls MUST reclaim 143 and then 145, or ball starts rolling downhill.

One more trip under 142 could lead to trouble....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:31 AM

Helene Meisler (@hmeisler) tweeted at 7:46 am on Sat, Dec 10, 2022:
Good Saturday Morning Chart Fans!

The only theme this week is the CPI and the FOMC. Because the charts are doing what they have done all year: stop at resistance and find support when things get oversold & too bearish

------

Thanks to HELENE for the THEME. 

BEARS finally got it down on Friday after a fairly dull week. 

FED and another inflation report this week and then the BULLS will rally it to the end of the year. 

Can there be a FED surprise? 50bps hike is baked in ... 25bps each next 2 months... QT continues

My FF is the FED raises 50bs this week, may again express concern about persistent inflation, repeat they depend on data ahead before decisions are made etc etc blah blah blah 

Personally, I prefer the markets go down so I can open  LONGS at much lower price.  And, then I am gone for the year, rest and be ready for what could be a wild January 2023. 

I have a some LONGS now - AMZN, AAPL, GOOGL, a few QQQ & SPY CALLS,  TLT and UVXY CALLS -- may close UVXY CALLS if market drops  

NO HEDGEs as yet. 

I am almost done for the year, am spending more time on business into early January and back to almost full-time trading. 

Technically, they do not even need to do 50 with 2yr only 0.35 above current, but they probably will anyway.

Then we watch for 1 yr to finally roll over and...let the recession begin...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:34 AM

Question remaining is, can they get a final spike cherry on top of 1 yr to tag 5%?

1yr.png

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 08:46 AM

For XRT....MUST HOLD 64 and then take out 66.

Sustained action below 64 likely very No Bueno for Q1 2023.

Some very big important wedgies may be near to resolving.....then we may finally see some sort of trending move for a few months.

Ready to play either side, but still favoring down for now after the cracks started appearing last week in things I have been waiting on...

See if those cracks break the dam open or not soon most likely.

Always a bit tricky shorting this time of year, but occasionally Santa fails to show up.

2002 was an example, and current Dow leg up looks reasonably similar to that launch off an October low into the December highs

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:36 AM

Apple 143 holding as resistance so far....now we see about 142...

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:38 AM

Utes big gap up off of final 975 pivot....1K still a possibility unless this pop fails....

If it does fail...GET OUT

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2022 - 09:38 AM

UNH in a similar situation with 540