HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Buy the DIPS - take profits, repeat until February

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,681 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 05:59 PM

My best year in trading, taking the rest of 2022 to focus on our business, and tons of R&R.
My FF is a vety bullish seasonal period from now until February's FED meeting.
Buy the dips, take profits... repeat ...

Valid unless there is a disruptive Geopolitical event(s).

Will update, comment etc on this post if there is anything worthwhile.

Jonathan Ferro (@FerroTV) tweeted at 6:26 pm on Wed, Dec 14, 2022:
We keep our forecast of 25bps in February followed by a pause. This puts us 50bps below the FOMC median and about 25bps below the market. We expect slowing activity to provide sufficient motivation to pause at the March FOMC meeting

StanCharts Englander

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 06:14 PM

Now with the Fed out of the way the dip is likely to be bought as soon as tomorrow ............................ 

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 December 2022 - 06:15 PM.

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,529 posts

Posted 14 December 2022 - 07:03 PM

Buy the dip works  if one has patience to wait for the inevitable bull. Sometimes it can take 18-24 months, which is Okay coz you get lower tax rates for long term hold. But usually it is much less time.  

Edited by pdx5, 14 December 2022 - 07:03 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,681 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 08:19 AM

Xlf, wfc, c, bac near entry long levels

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,691 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 09:30 AM

Good morning, feeling quite a bit better today!!  Stupid covid!!!  Someone tried to tell me that it could be something called the flu,,,,, but I corrected them, everyone knows there is only covid, didn't anyone listen to our great government no it all scientists,,,,bahahaha!!  Anyhow, I'm with you d this has been one of my best trading years also and agree with you about buying the dips as the market stair steps its way to new lower lows to next years possible -40,-50% haircut in the end.  Think for the next few months the grind will continue where it will be easier to short after we get into January but the grind will continue until we see a sharp sell off to finish it off.  Or at the least we'll just continue to grind around all year as I also believe we won't be seeing new highs for a long time to come.  It's nearly impossible to make predictions as the everything bubble continues to deflate so the most interesting thing to say is that its gonna be an interesting year but great for trading!!  For now I'm surprised were down this much this morning with expiration tomorrow but looking at option prices they're pretty neutral but with it down this much puts should be way higher!!  Average long 3993, see what happens after the cash open!! 

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,691 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 09:42 AM

Whoops not sure why I hit that 3 long average is actually 3990...

#7 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,054 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 09:58 AM

https://www.forbes.c...sh=74fad42b74e0

#8 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,691 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 10:30 AM

There we go, put option prices starting to get a little pricey especially on the ones expiring tomorrow morning.  Ask yourself, would you pay $17 for a 3900 put expiring tomorrow??

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,029 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 10:36 AM

looks like I made all those posts on the wrong thread :lol:

Anyway, playing out out as expected once Apple breached 145...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 27,029 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 10:41 AM

NDX hideously ugly failure...

11400 STILL the big level...if that goes bye bye here soon...LOB and possibly in a hurry...

ndx.png

Edited by K Wave, 15 December 2022 - 10:42 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy