we either have a wave 1 of a new bull market or more backing and filling

• Please log in to reply
6049 replies to this topic

#721 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 01:09 PM

quiet around here.this gets old. A bull market is needed to cure this. WE might truly have our patience tried this time.

anyone here from old Senor?

#722 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 01:13 PM

i may be all wet but i am looking for a blood bath in the broad market . it may not start right away, but sometime next month. when that finishes that will be the time to buy. before than the baby gets thrown out w/the bath water as is always the case

dharma

#723 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 02:04 PM

i may be all wet but i am looking for a blood bath in the broad market . it may not start right away, but sometime next month. when that finishes that will be the time to buy. before than the baby gets thrown out w/the bath water as is always the case

dharma

likely right dharma

#724 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 02:53 PM

How about 1730ish by the Solstice?

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#725 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 04:03 PM

Sorry, thought you guys might appreciate some insights on the Big Game hunt....

Never mind.

I think I am done with both boards now.

Appreciate the gold and silver charts and related things like dollar etc.  That is just my view, others may differ but for me it is too confusing to try and follow so many things. I have a long position on NUGT now that I entered yesterday so in profit now.

Still long your NUGT Russ?  If you are going to post entry you should also post exit.  You did this one other time a while back - May I believe - same comment you were in NUGT and UP and then the bottom dropped out to October lows - I could of missed it, but I don't think you posted your exit there.

Volatile and very difficult markets for sure!  Personally I am in Cash and watching.  Do miss Senor and now K Wave though!

Edited by stubaby, 08 March 2023 - 04:05 PM.

#726 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 05:35 PM

Sorry, thought you guys might appreciate some insights on the Big Game hunt....

Never mind.

I think I am done with both boards now.

Appreciate the gold and silver charts and related things like dollar etc.  That is just my view, others may differ but for me it is too confusing to try and follow so many things. I have a long position on NUGT now that I entered yesterday so in profit now.

Still long your NUGT Russ?  If you are going to post entry you should also post exit.  You did this one other time a while back - May I believe - same comment you were in NUGT and UP and then the bottom dropped out to October lows - I could of missed it, but I don't think you posted your exit there.

Volatile and very difficult markets for sure!  Personally I am in Cash and watching.  Do miss Senor and now K Wave though!

Sorry I didn't realize people were relying on my advice I thought gold would go a bit higher but when it started coming down I got out of my NUGT position with some profit. I will now wait to see if there is a low that forms around the solstice.  I will let the board know in the future when I get out as well as in.  I'm sorry K Wave got his feelings hurt, I just felt that a gold and commodities board should be focused on that, I did appreciate his work with the 900 and 200 ma. 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#727 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 06:39 PM

One very valuable thing I leaned on the main board, from a member whose name I can't remember now and I don't think he is still here, is to measure the width of a wedge formation at it's widest part (where the bars are) and then use that width as a guide for how far a break out of the wedge can go, based on that the dollar index could get up to the 113 level on this move, if that theory holds. 'IF' is a pretty big word for something with 2 letters. biggrin.png For those interested, the reason I prefer a black background on my charts if because when I am staring at them for hours is is easier on my old eyes, less glare. 

I might add in my comments to Stubaby that if I was as thin skinned as Kwave I would have left the board when Dougie said to me "still drawing lines Russ". 

Edited by Russ, 08 March 2023 - 06:43 PM.

#728 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 06:59 PM

I didn't realize Kwave was not posting anymore. That's a big loss for the board becasue he has the uncanny ability to focus on stocks before they can make big moves.

I hope that Kave you post again. People don't realize that it takes a lot effort to do what he is doing.

#729 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 08:17 PM

One very valuable thing I leaned on the main board, from a member whose name I can't remember now and I don't think he is still here, is to measure the width of a wedge formation at it's widest part (where the bars are) and then use that width as a guide for how far a break out of the wedge can go, based on that the dollar index could get up to the 113 level on this move, if that theory holds. 'IF' is a pretty big word for something with 2 letters. biggrin.png For those interested, the reason I prefer a black background on my charts if because when I am staring at them for hours is is easier on my old eyes, less glare. 

I might add in my comments to Stubaby that if I was as thin skinned as Kwave I would have left the board when Dougie said to me "still drawing lines Russ". 

where did i say that?

#730 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 08:18 PM

Kwave was doing great posting. too bad.