Gold stocks ready to rock

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:18 AM

Big moves yesterday on large volume in HMY and GFI. Anyone know why?

#12 catrader

catrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:20 AM

Totally surprise interest rate cut by South Africa. Catrader --

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

And with that rate cut the RAND collapsed (very good for their gold stocks) - remember several weeks ago Senor mentioned GFI and HMY as very good low risk trades. NO BS. Senor

#14 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:25 AM

Yes I do remember Senor. Nice call. Do you still like GFI and HMY at these higher prices?

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:32 AM

Si, since Senor now believes they are going to new highs for the entire bull market (please keep in mind this is simply Senor's fearless forecast and PURE FANTASY!). Senor bot a good ways down there, hard to say how much they might pullback here, Senor guesses not too mucho. BS of course. Senor

#16 Stickan

Stickan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:46 AM

SENOR recommends to NEVER bet the farm - a recipe for disater in his humble opinion. I would take prudent positions and spread buying between several "small" companies if you go that route. There is too much that can go wrong in ONE small stock and there are TOO MANY of them that are attractive not to DIVERSIFY. In and case, best of luck amigo.

Senor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right, and this may sound like BS, but I got cold feet.
I bought at 2.14, which in hindsight I thought was too expensive for that farm, I then sold at 2.16 1/2 hour later. And will now compose my self and think this over.
I'll try to get it on a pull back later today (which doesn't seem like a good chance right now - 2.19!!!)
we'll see.
stig

#17 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:49 AM

Amigo, your "nervousness" makes Senor's point exactly. If you were diversified, in prudent positions. and NOT betting the farm Senor thinks you would have much less worry and would "trade" better - just Senor's opinion and what works for him. BS as usual. Senor

#18 Net

Net

• Traders-Talk User
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:06 AM

Amigo, your "nervousness" makes Senor's point exactly. If you were diversified, in prudent positions. and NOT betting the farm Senor thinks you would have much less worry and would "trade" better - just Senor's opinion and what works for him. BS as usual.

Senor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely prudent! Well stated, and very true. I believe capitulation touched on this very thing in his 40 tips.

#19 PIK.

PIK.

• TT Member+
  • 837 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:07 AM

Senor, yes, I think we may be getting close. Some overhead supply to deal with though. See Chart #17. I like the advice on managing positions.

http://stockcharts.c...et?obj=ID894751
Trade based on what you see happening, not what someone else thinks or hopes will happen.

#20 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up this morning Senor. If you are not recommending stops, is it because you expect turbulence in the small golds that would mean churning? That would mean you will be adding on weakness in the next few weeks? But it might be because its up, up, and away and no stops are needed. That would mean you will be adding on strength in the next few weeks.... Hope this isn't being to pesky with preguntas. ---Out