Gold: Have you noticed every dip below 400

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:04 AM

has been successively shallower and been shorter in duration the past few months? Is this last dip south of the 400 border the final one before a grande move higher? Somehting to chew on seriously Senor thinks. BS rules! Senor is back with a vengeance... Senor

#2 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:10 AM

Yes, I noticed that. There seems to be a nice little triangle forming over the past few months on the gold chart. Triangles, by themselves, are lousy for predicting the direction of a breakout, but they can narrow down the timing of a breakout. Labor Day or so is looking good. jmho uh

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:23 AM

;) Just for the record. :P
Gold Board
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 852 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:36 AM

BS rules! Senor is back with a vengeance...

You're on a roll.

#5 chartist10

chartist10

• Traders-Talk User
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:09 AM

Question for Senior. I'm looking at a chart of gold and see that the 50 day moving average is below the 200 day moving average. Gold is also trading below its 200 day moving average as well. historically, gold, or pretty much anything, does not have a sustainable up move with this configuration. Is your bullishness very short-term in nature or do you have a longer-term feel for this potential move. Do you also follow these type of technicals and do they bother you? Thanks

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

Si, Senor looks and respects that and it is a piece of his puzzle. However Senor believes gold stocks (the HUI) lead and they are right now looking like they are breaking out above a trendline and if we close above 188 - the 50-day MA as well. And Senor thinks wave patterns also favor a bullish outcome and major bottom in several of the gold stocks he has mentioned. And amigo it is SENOR and NOT SENIOR!!!!! :D :lol: B) BS as usual. Senor

#7 chartist10

chartist10

• Traders-Talk User
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:24 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to age you. Thanks for the response.

Edited by chartist10, 13 August 2004 - 11:25 AM.

#8 kamakazeman

kamakazeman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:47 AM

Si, Senor looks and respects that and it is a piece of his puzzle. However Senor believes gold stocks (the HUI) lead and they are right now looking like they are breaking out above a trendline and if we close above 188 - the 50-day MA as well. And Senor thinks wave patterns also favor a bullish outcome and major bottom in several of the gold stocks he has mentioned. And amigo it is SENOR and NOT SENIOR!!!!! :D  :lol:  B)  BS as usual.

Senor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 50 day on the XAU ~ IS ~ above the 200 day MA......
How does the XAU differ from the HUI in indicative performance?
Gracious!
Miguel
I started out with nothing, and, I have most of it left.........

#9 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:15 PM

XAU outperforming HUI is a negative....in gold bulls, stocks outperform bullion and unhedged outperforms hedged NEM is outperforming the HUI which is another negative I see gold charting out a bearish flag pattern I see unhedged stocks getting less umph with each stochastics cycle long bonds are moving impulsively in five waves (due for a correction though now) but it implies the "bonds are dead" crowd will have to wait Long bonds are being buttressed by Asian banks who are doing so more for geo-strategic reasons than economic.....they will be the ones to cause the long awaited bond crash to happen but it is not in thier interest to do so now (north korea, taiwan or US protectionism will be the catalysts) People can't believe that the Fed will continue to hike rates...but he will...like he did even after the bubble burst....he needs ammo and is more than willing to sacrifice a couple hundred points on the Nas to load up...end result unfavourable yield-spreads USD looks to me to be doing a wave 2 of a C wave...wave 3 should take it to over 92 to me the entire enviroment is one that spells death to anything paper I remain free to change my mind come monday
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#10 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:22 PM

Amigo, on Aug 6th the HUI/XAU ratio Senor believes made its corrective decline bottom (low for the year) which suggests the HUI will now start outperforming - which is has done muy bueno since Aug 6th. That is muy bullish in Senor's opinion. NO BS. Senor