Gold: Have you noticed every dip below 400

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:07 PM

TOM; even after the disastrous trade numbers you still beleive this:"People can't believe that the Fed will continue to hike rates...but he will...like he did even after the bubble burst....he needs ammo and is more than willing to sacrifice a couple hundred points on the Nas to load up...end result unfavourable yield-spreads"

#12 kamakazeman

kamakazeman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:13 PM

Amigo, on Aug 6th the HUI/XAU ratio Senor believes made its corrective decline bottom (low for the year) which suggests the HUI will now start outperforming - which is has done muy bueno since Aug 6th. That is muy bullish in Senor's opinion. NO BS.

Senor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like you are right, the HUI just bettered last week's high, whilst the XAU is still a bit below.........
I started out with nothing, and, I have most of it left.........

#13 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:38 PM

Amigo, Senor works very hard at this stuff, it is not pie in the sky guesses. That is no BS. Senor

#14 kamakazeman

kamakazeman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:58 PM

Amigo, Senor works very hard at this stuff, it is not pie in the sky guesses. That is no BS.

Senor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BS is Normally evidenced by a malodorus stecnch such that there's no need to point attention to it.
Por Favor, I am merely taking the opportunity to mention an observation that a comment of yours is looking insightful this afternoon.

I also wonder why gold has been going up since late 2000, at the same time that INflation has decreased, to NOflation, interest rates have not only NOT gone up, but have essentially become zero at the short end, the dollar has done whatever lately, etc. and etc. as so often pointed out by those that sneer at the thought of gold going up.............Why is gold not at $200 since all the fun-da-ment alls are lined up against it?

muchas gracias
mike
I started out with nothing, and, I have most of it left.........

#15 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:16 PM

How doyou hedge against a currency that is becomig an utter diasater and will constsantly be devalued? Bs as usual. Senor

#16 Not Too Swift

Not Too Swift

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:57 PM

Yes.
I let the market tell me what to do. The trouble is she mumbles a lot, and I'm hard of hearing.

1576 ONO. Upside down, reverse, inside out, snort...

#17 uncleharley

uncleharley

• Traders-Talk User
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:27 PM

As a follow up to my post about the triangle pattern on the chart of the price of gold, I thought I would also check silver. A very similar pattern has been developing with silver except that the apex of the triangle will be reached next week. In other words, Silver has to have a break out from that pattern before the end of trading next friday. My question is, what is the likelyhood that silver is leading gold??? Is anyone aware of any historical precedents that would point to the predictive value of a move in silver??? uh