Now that's a bear market!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:31 AM

I find this chart a little hard to believe. Has it been this bad? I guess buying the metal at these levels seems like a bargain right?

Posted Image

Gold Information Network

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#2 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 02:42 PM

the trend is your friend? Actually I do hold silver bullion...bars and coins...but am not optimistic about silver in the near, IT term....I think there is a good chance that it may actually crash again.
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#3 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

a chart to go along with the above
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 03:37 PM

Hi Tom, In physical silver, I am waiting for delivery of 1000 oz bars since ... get this ... Feb. The guy I deal with is a straight shooter and has delivered all my gold Krugers within days this year. But on this order he is having a little trouble sorting it. I also bought some Canadian Silver Maple Leafs last week. I think that will be it for a while in the actual metals themselves. Problem is while gold can be purchased tax free here in the UK, silver has a 17.5% VAT (ie tax) which hurts. So why did I buy this stuff? Hold the metals in case, you know, money doesn't work anymore. And I figure it isn't going to get any cheaper. JMHO of course. Now I gotta figure out where to hide it in the house. I know, sounds nutty but that is what I find myself doing. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 04:02 PM

I think you will like the Canadain Maples....very beautiful coins...I know for me the bars are in hidden plain sight....I didn't get shiny ones....and they are raterh unimpressive...they are usaully a better deal but I think I will get only coins from now on all my stuff from Kitco...and if you want topay the extra postage rates you get your goodies pretty quickly that VAT tax sounds like a killer.....but descrimanatroy taxation is very much in mode these days