Gold Outlook by Frank Barbera

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ike

ike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 09:55 PM

This is an interview that I did with my best friend, Frank Barbera, who happens to be one of the best gold analysts around, with over 20 years of hands-on experience. By all accounts, Frank has the most extensive database on gold stocks, and the largest library of technical indicators specifically designed for gold stoccks. If you are interested in gold, you'll enjoy this interview.

http://marketviews.t...Barbera/pg1.htm

In addition, you may want to check out Jay Matulich, one of the few hedge fund managers, who actually makes lots of money by managing a global long-short portfolio.

http://marketviews.t...atulich/pg1.htm

#2 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:27 PM

The Euro is NOWHERE near oversold...even on the daily...much less the weekly Am I the only one noticing that the USD is one good day away from breaking out of a three year trend-line? I think there are way too many complacent gold bulls
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#3 ike

ike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

This was my comment on 8-19-04 about the dollar, and I still think, the scenario has a good chance to materialize. Personally, I am skeptical about the XAU's ability to move higher over the next couple of weeks

Posted Image

#4 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 11:49 PM

Oh I am remember that article very well....top notch....to me 90 is the biggest number in the market right now...break that with strength and I think a lot of funny things are going to happen in the market....but until then actually I am reasonably neutral on gold right now....but it gets to me how few even consider the implications of the USD breaking that trend-line....the potential down side is just as great...if not greater than upside.
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.