My EWA take on Drooy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 elliotboy

elliotboy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 04:06 AM

My view has been that many of the SAs seems to trace out normal zigzag formations since late 2000, with the biggest C wave still to come. After that I expect a lenghty correction that should last for 1-2 years minimally before the next bull phase start that should trace out a 5 wave impulse pattern.

Below is my current EWA interpretation of DROOY. DROOY has lately been a victim of a strong Rand price that resulted in a vicious sell of. Everyone seems to hate Drooy as of late which in my book is a very good contrarian indicator. I believe Drooy will be one of the best comeback candidates during the next bull phase that shold start no later than September-October (if it has not already started).

The large H&S pattern is still valid on the Drooy chart. Notice also that the current correction if it extend in to early next week is a fibonacci 1,5 ratio of wave (A).

Posted Image

Finally I will put out a big chart on Drooy. I let the picture speak for it self.

Posted Image

This is my humble interpretation of what to expect from Drooy and I will not take any blame if the analysis should backfire.

#2 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:26 AM

Hi EB,

Nice analysis and charts. I agree with the projected 3rd wave coming. The only question in my mind is whether you get your "C" wave down. I would suggest that DROOY is still in its first full wave up from its lows and about to enter its 3rd wave of what should be 5 up. I am very long DROOY BTW having repurchased on the August dump.

Here is a wave count posted by Roffey which I think looks good. The spike to fill the gap was the last wave (wave 5-5 of C wave down) in the correction in my book. So from here DROOY either retraces in a "B" wave (ie wave 2 correction is not finished) or wave 3-1 has started which should retest the high. Given the length of time DROOY has corrected, I think wave 3-1 has started. When DROOY breaks above its previous high, wave 3-3 will clearly be in force.

Here is Clive Roffey's EW count and musings Dr. Clive Roffey

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#3 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:45 AM

THIS IS GOOD ,WORK.MY BS I'M LOOKING TO GO LONG W/ RETEST. I find this one comes on later.so you could jump on this one,if your late to party.S.A. $$ has to start moving , one + is they rased there rates1/2%, in time, should do more.that's why asa got a up move .is also in asa. A note gold could be flat, and the S.A. gold stocks can move w/ there $$ in play.this is big in there PE's

#4 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:08 AM

bobalou, Do you like my ASA charts ? :huh: mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#5 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 10:54 AM

MSS love is the word; you do good work.... I'm long hmy .gfi,gg,rangy=asa.I see high on 9/1/04 or9/2 $422 gold , and take a little off.on 9/2.on a pop..for about 2weeks.. does that work w/ your work the w/pt's you use.I'm thinking we should be there, then 9/2..IT asa 42.50,hmy 15,gg14.50,gfi 13.50. the rand $$ is killing us.need a brake.

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:00 AM

the rand $$ is killing us.need a brake.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with your time frame, altho, I mostly use price (bop) cycle. Rand -- help-- us :angry:
best to you, mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!