Tim Ord bullish on gold

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:36 AM

I was just reading Tim Ord's latest...very very bullish on gold....targeting 160 on the XAU...but then he had the following, "We double our positions in BGO on (7/30/04) at 2.34 and we now have an average price at 2.70. Long CBJ for an average of price of 2.89. CBJ is on a monthly buy signal from the May low. Long NXG average of 2.26. NXG has support at 1.35. NXG is on a buy signal on the monthly chart that was triggered in May. We doubled our position in GSS on (7/30/04) at 4.04 and we have an average price of 5.24. Long PMU at average 1.12. " BGO is currently 2.39 CBJ is currently 2.81 NXG is currently 1.85 GSS is currently 4.38 PMU is currently .62 I find it odd that someone who tries to milk every up and down tick on the SPX and Nasdaq would put himself in a position where one has to average down adn still be be deep in the hole.
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#2 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:39 AM

Yes, this is about the worst Ord's been on paper in the 2 years I've been following him as far as gold. But if you look back a year or so ago he did take some huge gold profits on BGO and other minors at over 50%. So maybe something really big is on the way? Some others also see something big comming soon like Senor for instance. Time will tell.... ---Out

#3 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:25 AM

Senor certainly hopes his timing is a "bit" better than that other amigo. NO BS. Senor

#4 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:25 AM

To date, Senor has had the BEST timing on short term gold calls of ANYONE I have EVER followed! I am personally in Senor's corner at present with about 70% of my gold allocation comitted. But I am a big chicken and have set stops at about 15% below current prices. This may be too tight as I have been stopped out a few times in the past few months. Still way ahead of the game though, with some nice profits. Bravo on some really good BS, Senor! ---Out

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:44 PM

I have gone over my charts again....Oct. 18 is the time that I see the XAU going up into for the near term. -_-
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/