Gold & Silver Trading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:00 PM

Forget the conspiracy theories etc for a moment. Just read Dan's comments below and then look at the open interest for Gold. It has been climbing for 3 straight years. Now how does that work again??

The Anomalous Open Interest Pattern of the Gold Market - Dan Norcini

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#2 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 06:29 PM

be care full w/ this info.. the boyz have big $$ to be right.as in G 7,,as I see it they cover on the way down,for/=, less contracts

#3 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:47 AM

Hi Bob, Tom D posted the COTs on gold/silver the other day pointing out the big commercial short positions. My point to Tom was that commercials have always been short here (ie. last 3 years) so it is not very telling. The article and data support that don't you think? But I agree, the powers that be have very deep pockets. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#4 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:53 PM

DO WE HAVE ANY ONE DOING WORK ON THE $$..??...the charts I'm looking at 106 xau should stop/slow this move,ST..the ?? is the $$ going to brake and send every thing up ???,,and gold and oil they seam to be running to gether.my oil # was/is $55,then higher or stay strong,,to jan..time thing..gold and oil do look higher,,IT..at 106 if mon/tue,I have to take off 1/3 more, of the 2/3's I have left.w/ options exp.should slow things down also.103 was to easy..saw brake outs and stayed for the ride..in ,mdg,pdg glg.good VOL in rangy